ν[NEU] limited revival

ν[NEU] will perform at Takadanobaba AREA on 12/11

https://twitter.com/neu_official/status/1449676583141216257

5 Likes

late update ;w; this one is a doozy :nerd_face:

Gt.Kayuu was unable to attend on 12/11 due to his work/living situation, although he provided audio data for the performance. He was later revealed to have been working as an employment support worker in his hometown and has been suffering from mental illness that was brought on from running his bar “niju” along with ЯeI, according to the band. Dr.ЯeI was only able to perform at the last part of the live as he still works at said bar (or it may have been his new bar Neues).

To replace both of their parts, LiN(ユナイト (Unite.)), SARSHI(HERO), 風弥~Kazami~(DaizyStripper), and shinpei (ex.SuG) were invited to perform alongside the band.

v[NEU] has since announced their 13th anniversary oneman live will be held at Shinjuku Blaze on 7/1. However, Kayuu will not be able to participate there as well as the band stated in an interview-styled announcement.

Hiro, who had just become a father back in November, contacted Kayuu about the band’s July revival show, in which Kayuu was able to write a new song. However, his mental state had gotten worse to where he quit his job and was hospitalized for 2 weeks; during this stay, he wouldn’t even meet with Hiro in person when he was in town for a business trip. Kayuu himself would then become a father in April. At that point, the band began looking for other options with just the four of them; refunds would be issued to fans who wanted to see Kayuu at the revival show, which would still go on.

Since announcing their revival in 2019, v[NEU] has had several setbacks, with the arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic thwarting their plans, even making their own company quickly go into debt, and now with Kayuu’s ongoing personal issues leaving him unable to participate in the band any further. However, v[NEU] will still perform after their anniversary event; they currently have 3 birthday shows for each member lined up until December, all at Shibuya Rex. There’s even a birthday event for Kayuu also, in the hopes that he’ll come back to the band by then.

10/1 ЯeI birthday live
11/12 mitsu & Kayuu birthday live
12/3 Hiro & Takumi birthday live

Hiro states that this announcement was done as an interview to reveal what’s really going on behind the scenes, now that it’s safe to do so as v[NEU] is no longer an active band “selling dreams”, but providing realism after the pandemic. mitsu also stated that he’d rather have done it this way rather than go to a magazine as it’s not an advertisement. Despite all the difficulties so far, v[NEU] has (kinda) stayed together longer than they would have if they went through with the one-off revival in 2020.

I highly recommend any fans of v[NEU] to read the interview in full, it really gives out a lot of insight of what the members have been up to since the band broke up 7 years ago.

6 Likes

oh my god… Kayuu… this breaks my heart…
i would give away my organs to see them live at least once in my life…

1 Like

10/1 ЯeI birthday live
【SET LIST】
1.Lily
2.スプラッシュ!
3.GoSick
4.RED EMOTION~希望~
5.カレイドスコープ
6.恋模様
7.ひとりじゃない
8.starting over
9.YES≒NO
10.in my secret…
11.LAB
12.妄想接吻
13.ピンクマーブル
14.The 25th Century Love
15.エンドロール

support member: Gt.夢時 (Yumeji)(eStrial / HOLLOWGRAM)

1 Like

v[NEU] has announced at their oneman live on 7/1 that their 4-show tour “v[NEU] BEST” will be held from October to December. In November, they will hold a twoman with mitsu’s solo band in Osaka.

They have also announced they will end activities on 2024.12.29, marking 10 years since their initial disbandment.

1 Like

v[NEU] last indies album “LIMIT” (originally released in 2011), has been released digitally on 7/1 as part of Loop Ash Records’ digital release campaign which also includes label president Michiru’s past bands.

v[NEU] will hold their twoman events with Fest Vainqueur on 4/13 and with Gotcharocka on 4/21 at Harajuku Ruido. Before then, they will also hold a twoman live with mitsu on 3/2 at Shibuya Rex.

ν[NEU] will hold their last oneman tour, “N.ever” starting on 7/7 and will tour throughout the year. Their last live before ending activities is yet to be determined, but I presume it’ll be around 12/29 or so.

4 Likes