メリー (MERRY) new look + 20th anniversary live

メリー (Merry) new visual has been revealed! They will start their 20th anniversary tour with a 2-part oneman live, “東京大ストリップショウ” on 7/23 at Dance Hall Shinseiki, followed by two more upcoming shows with other acts, which have yet to be announced. Their 2-part tour final will be held at Kanda Square Hall on 11/12.

4 Likes

that’s one slutty gara

1 Like

Fabulous.

1 Like

I am always in for some good old fishnet appreciation

1 Like

offtopic but Merry has released their live dvd, “NOnsenSe MARkeT FINAL -最終階- 2016.2.7 EX THEATER ROPPONGI” on youtube for a limited time (now privated) to promote their upcoming live on 2/23 at 下北沢QUE, where they will perform songs from Nonsense Market and Beautiful Freaks (imo the last two albums I actually enjoyed)

2 Likes

Have they released anything truly good for the last 10 years?

Ringo to Uso is still a classic for me.

1 Like

Yeah? I dig everything they’ve done in the last ten years. They’re the most consistently good of the older visual acts.

1 Like

for japanese sheeple is their only recent release that felt mostly forgettable to me, but I might just need to give it another try

As a longtime fan I felt like the NOnsenSe MARkeT and M-ologie albums were decent-ish (nowhere near the greatness of their old stuff ofc), but everything afterwards has been veeery disappointing and lame.

2 Likes

Like many bands as Luna Sea, L’Arc-en-Ciel, Dir en grey, Mucc… the begin of their career is the most interesting. So many songs show their amazing creativity, uniqueness and composition talent.

Of course, nowadays they don’t do bad songs, but it cannot be compare to their early career.

1 Like

I was late to MERRY, and as a result, prefer the middle of their discography → present. Could never get into the early stuff.

imo strip and the most recent single are both very underrated releases (I’m so happy freewill landed them an anime opening deal, since it seems like the HG goal for everyone in the scene), but a lot of their stuff over this decade screams creative burnout.

they’re also a very glaring example when losing a legacy member actually helped the band get more easy to listen again.

2 Likes