メリー (MERRY) new look and summer twoman event

Merry has revealed a new visual to promote their upcoming 2man tour!

mother decided to SERVE today :clap: :clap: :clap: !!!

their twoman event will begin this Sunday and it will be a monthly consecutive event that will conclude in August

[schedule]
5/7 三宿 Branch w/ Kei (ex.baroque)
6/4 HEAVEN’S ROCK 熊谷 VJ-1 w/ defspiral
7/22 京都磔磔 w/ umbrella
8/13 Heaven’s Rock さいたま新都心 VJ-3 w/ KOHTA (Angelo)
8/27 本八幡 Route14 w/ gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy

8 Likes

we’re served BURLESQUE!!! love this look sfm

4 Likes

I wonder if Merry is paying out of their own pocket at this point, or barely are making it financially.

they’re doing much better ever since their guitarist left - a fresh album, a single that was picked up as an anime OST, their looks are finally exciting again after years of repeating late Daisuke’s mistake of trying to pander to garden variety heterosexuals.

if you’re asking whenever or not a 3rd rate free-will band can rely on music financially to make it - no, they typically can’t.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
The anime opening doesnt seem to have that many views on youtube.

I wonder how many fans Merry has today.
I used to follow them back in the days but recently no idea, the anime opening song wasn’t that good.

Ringo to Uso is still one of my favorite songs of all time.

they’re doing well enough to keep going, and the recent album made me personally interested in their output again. (I liked 夜明け前 too tho…)

if you’re expecting them to ever get back to the victor era days of having promotion and marketing budgets with other perks of being on a major label, it can happen hypothetically - there’s a small resurgence of investment into VK evidently going on in the past few years - but whenever they will have a chance to sell better than they already do is an open question.

their music for many years predating kenichi’s departure was very not good, and the guy himself is yet to surface again. assuming there was a case of burn out that haunted him in the band, it’s not over.

1 Like

a new music card will be distributed on all dates of the event, and it will feature a new song “dance” (title not finalized), plus live digest from their 4/2 live at Shibuya Womb

2 Likes

the costumes in action

1 Like

I mean, the venues have a capacity of 250-350 people…

1 Like

Some venues seems bigger, like this one : Capture-d-e-cran-2023-05-08-a-12-21-47 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB it was for an acoustic show (2023.02.05)

Yeah, they recently also played venues with a capacity with ~1000 people. Considering this was their 20th anniversary tour with special setlists etc. In the streams it looked like they were far from being sold out too.
Also these are two man concerts for the new tour with pretty “big” names, so that’s still pretty small considering they sold out venues twice the size like 16 years ago for one man concerts.

On this livestream I show you, could you show a picture where you see it’s far from being sold out ? Because I watched the show and I didn’t see any angle could show this.

No, of course not, it’s just one screenshot. I watched their live streams though, that’s where I saw it.

That’s sad. I hate to hear that.

Bangya getting older and moving on with their lives is my guess.

I still have access to this concert on russian stream. The screenshot I showed you is the widest angle. There are no way to see the full crowd on this stream.