未完成アリス(Mikansei Alice) will resume activities

After pausing activities at 2021/06/27, 未完成アリス (Mikansei Alice) will resume activities at 2021/09/21.

3 Likes

I wonder will they continue via starwave?

3 Likes

nope. thats what this whole thingie was about.

5 Likes

Hope they have more luck without kiwamu.

2 Likes

kiwamu is great ^v^ but they maybe outgrew starwave and seems they want to expand more. not sure how that’ll go with current climate though @_@ will be interesting to see!

I always thought they would stay under kiwamu for a much longer while.

Well, I believe the guys are doing great to be more popular on their own way… but I don’t really follow them so I can’t really say. But hopefully things will work out for them.

2 Likes

Yah I was surprised too! Seems they want to have more freedom if I remember correctly :thinking::sweat_drops: only played with them once but they were nice guys so hope they do well!

1 Like

apparently they’re gonna perform at SUPERSONIC, the biggest summer festival in Japan, in September as they were voted #1 in some poll… it’s really weird

2 Likes

Wtf how. I mean they Play beside all this big names lmao.
Are they this popular in Japan?

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ve won. As far as I know, they’re just competing in an audition event for a spot at SUPERSONIC.

A number of big festivals reserve some opening spots for new/up-and-coming artists who win an audition/contest. I know a bunch of J-rock bands I follow have won festival spots after taking part in the RO69 JACK contests, which are basically the same thing except they offer slots at the ROCK IN JAPAN and COUNTDOWN JAPAN festivals instead.

I think this one has the same sort of structure - bands get their fans to vote for them, then the ones with the most votes move on to an audition stage where they have to submit some songs/videos or perform live and they get voted on again either by fans or judges. Then the winner(s) from that round get to perform at the festival.

However, since it’s being held during corona times and in partnership with a streaming app, it looks like you need to collect the votes during live streams for this contest, which is why I guess the members were doing all kinds of long streams recently.

The Visunavi article says they were ranked #1 at that time in the under level 30 division, so they will likely qualify for the next round.

I wonder if they had to be unsigned to apply for the contest or something else they’re doing and that’s why they’re saying their contract with Starwave is up?

3 Likes

Thank you, I was so confused :crazy_face:

Hope they’ll get the spot and win a Lot of new fans though IT :heart::pray:

1 Like

didn’t it say;
If we cannot get a spot at Supersonnic we will disband.

So, I guess… they received enough votes to continue?..
The rest of the reasons are so vague and hard to understand,
So I’m not sure why they are up to continue now…

2 Likes

When did they say that? I haven’t been keeping up with what they’ve been doing recently, but I didn’t see anything about them threatening to disband in the posts I was looking at.

1 Like

The above article which Nagasawa Tonomori wrote. It really feels as,
If we don’t get enough fans support us in the future, we won’t come back (anytime soon).

This is deepl translation of the above article, (nothing is fixed), but sounds somehow troublesome?

At least it really made me feel as “if we don’t make it in the lineup, we won’t return anytime soon”…
So I’m a bit surprised that they decided to continue this soon. (the tweet appeared Supersonic voting ended, so I guess they succeeded to play at supersonic)
Also the ranking on the contest site feels strange… don’t understand a thing of it. :sweat_smile:

I guess I just misunderstood it, but the members twitter etc also don’t give easy to follow/understand info.

In order to achieve their dream, they have stopped their official activities and have been working under the radar. They are still working day and night in an invisible way for the day when they will restart.

However, vocalist Rui Arisugawa is not performing live, as he has been distributing his music as a live bar through “17Live” every day, but of course to the fans of Mikansei Alice. They continue to appeal to the world beyond the Visual Kei framework.

However, the band’s worm has been itching to take part in an audition event for the right to take part in Japan’s biggest music festival “SUPERSONIC”, which will replace “SUMMER SONIC” as Mikansei Alice. Currently, they are in first place (in the category of Lv30 and below)!

As the members of the band say, “If Mikansei Alice can continue to pass the first place, the possibility of performing on the ‘dream stage’ with the fans will be high”, the possibility of Mikansei Alice performing on the huge stadium stage has become a reality. (*The performers are carefully selected after the qualifying round)

Mikansei Alice have previously said that their hiatus is not a backward-looking announcement, but a decision to move forward! but one of the views of a new beginning is about to be realized in an unexpected way.

But one of those new beginnings is about to come true in an unexpected way, as the auditions will run until 23:59 on Saturday 31 July. Rather, in order to make the situation even more secure, we have asked you to help us by voting for us through 17Live. The details are below, and we hope that with your help we can make the beginnings of the Mikansei Alice dream a reality.

By doing so, we can all make the return of Mikansei Alice a reality…

3 Likes

Yeah heard that the other day when it got brought up, like “if we don’t get this many likes than we wont come back” kinda deal. But they’ve already been preparing and planning from the start to switch out label and move forward so it kinda seems weird. Meh SNS era of music @_@;

3 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like