蟻 (Ari) will disband

蟻 (Ari) will disband after their last live on 7/15

3 Likes

Damn should have put that in predictions, had a feeling they weren’t long for this world.

1 Like

I am so bummed about this. One of better bands among the newer ones. :confused:

2 Likes

They certainly are on of the better new groups we had in the past few years this is really sad :frowning:

3 Likes

Damn, this sucks.

1 Like

Damn, damn, damn.
I know why I kept myself from falling too deep for them (I‘m in way more for the first time in years though).

However I wondered about a new release announcement and there wasn‘t anything, just constant lives (which‘s a good thing in general).
Wouldn‘t say I expected this but it‘s not as surprising as others to me.

Yeah, lack of releases was somewhat of a sign.

:fearful: I hope they do a best album or make something new before going. This band will be very missed by a lot of people.

4 Likes

They were super cool, them and libravel were the 2019 newcomer goats that were still around sigh…

fuck.

just listening to them now. pretty solid sounding stuff, kind of a shame.

1 Like

Surprising news, their label put a lot of money and effort into them. Wonder whats gonna happen from here…will Free Will try to find another band to (internally) compete with Kizu to drive up sales? Tea

Ari was a band which first thrown me off. But they evolved and evolved, the songwriting in general got better but especially the riffs got more and more interesting and powerful, and I would not exagerate if I would say that they are one of the leading bands currently in the scene for captivating riffs.
they were a band I really hoped would be able to grow the relevance and get the sucess it deserves.
I definitely look forward to the future projects I would find the bandmembers in.

2 Likes

I‘m not fluent at all so I don‘t translate or even summarize the members comments. But to me it sounds from Daiki‘s as if he wants to evolve. Considering that - as appealing as I find it and it being the outstanding point that makes them a bit different from other bands since it‘s present in almost every song - the constant change in rhythm limits them to some point.

They all seem to be in very good terms with each other and that‘s why I weren‘t surprised, if they came back together but without that musical concept they went by so far.
Maybe they won‘t though. It‘s just a possibility I see from the impression the messages gave me (and I might be wrong with how I understood them).

Among all the other bands who started around the same time (e.g. 零[Hz], Houts, Rumbless. …etc) , 蟻 has the best composers, vocalist, unique genre, excellence skill on all the interments, the whole band with their discography is a gem, will definitely be missed.

^Really too bad if they were a “hidden gem band”.
How good were they actually?

So many bands disbanding…It’s honestly killing me :disappointed: (They really were a gem :frowning:

Nooooooo joder

7.15 · Distribution of new song last sound source CD to all visitors

5 Likes

I was about to go rush onto this site and start a thread „Ari will continue activities“ after I saw this tweet (on Twitter)

1 Like