Band Suggestions

Either I’m blind, or there’s no thread to ask for suggestions for bands? I’ve just started listening to Elysion, and I’d like to see if there’s anything else like this in VK, it feels a lot like Galneryus mixed with VK. If I’m just over-looking it, please feel free to delete this thread and or move this post to the appropriate place.

3 Likes

Who are some kote kei bands like Labaiser, Mizeria and Crucifixion? Preferably formed in the 2010’s.

Gauzes are kote kei and formed in 2010, otherwise… not sure :thinking: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Marvelous Cruelty, Luvielle, Jaki, UNDER FALL JUSTICE and En’Cell♰Dis’Dein come to mind. Wakuraba are a mix of Kote and other stuff. Same with Hitchcock, who are more modern in sound, but they did kinda rip off a Rouage song on one of their recent singles, lol.

Sadly there aren’t that many pure Kote kei bands around these days. But you will find the occasional Neo VK act with a bit of a throwback sound here an there.

I also feel if you like more of the oldschool melodic and symphonic stuff a la Moi dix Mois or Megaromania, then Neth Priere Cain, David, R.I.P. and The Reveude could be your thing. There’s far more of that kinda stuff out there.

3 Likes

You should also check FerrisWheeL if you enjoy more melodic, softer sound with early 2000s vk influences (well, they basically recycled stuff from members’ previous bands but did it in the best possible way lol).

If you aren’t familiar with them, try Ru:natic and RounoiЯ. There’s also that new band called Sacrifice, formed by Sutari (ex. La;Cen-zhow.). if something else comes to my mind, I’ll definitely update this post.

1 Like

Bands in the yumekei, or should I say Yumeleep kei style akin to Yumeleep and the latest being DazzlingBAD. I don’t know what you’d call that vocal style? Is it nasally?

Any suggestions for bands like Lynoas? They’re quickly becoming a guilty pleasure.

Are there any bands like Janne Da Arc or Pierrot? I already listen to Diaura

Did you try their follow up band angelo?
(i am have no idea actually if they was similar because i never listened to angelo)

I suppose the styling of the band doesnt matter, try sick2 maybe.
Its the only ones coming to my mind that could be similar, at least the pitch of the singers voice.

All over i think i suck at suggestions so :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes