リブラヴェル -『追憶』

XANVALA - XANADU

Razor - 掟

Kizu - 地獄

LUCIFER - Dystopia

CHOKE - Human anthem

蘭 - 1%

マザー「ゴチソウサマ」

Everything Revive 2020 SacRIFce, mummy, and EXSODIO ( Ill put the SacRIfice mv below)

Ari - 弱虫は、幸福をさえおそれるものです

蟻「弱虫は、幸福をさえおそれるものです。」MV FULL - YouTube

Hitchcock - キメイラ

HOWL - 迷宮ディスコニック

ラヴェーゼ - 暗黒二咲イタ脈絡

ザアザア - イライラする雨

サイノ筐ニワ - 賽ノカラ筐

Theres more but this is long enough lol.

2 Likes

From the VK scene:
Jiluka - Xtopia
Rands - Kusozu
Gulu gulu - Gulugulu ryuushutsu ongen-shuun
Buck-Tick - Abacadabra
Dexcore - Metempsychosis
Arlequin - The Laughing Man

From Japan:
SiM - Thank God, there are hundreds of ways to kill enemies
Tk from Ling Tosite Sigure - Sainou

From Korea:
Madmans Esprit - Mangtanshi

From the west:
BMTH - Post Human: Survival Horror
This year was full of cool releases, so many I still haven cached up to all of them

1 Like

I still think the vexent version is wayy better but yes a good song. lol

1 Like

HOLLOWGRAM - Pale Blue Dot
NAZARE - Nemophila
Sui’s Gothculture single release campaign
Marvelous Cruelty and La’veil MizeriA’s latest singles

I am sorry, but how on earth is “genre porridge” rare in metal?

Lol, I’m kind of surprised to see so many votes for MISC after all the DIMLIM bashing that happened last year.

I liked a lot of singles and stuff, but I can’t really think of any full releases that blew my mind in 2020. I enjoyed Half time Old’s “CRISP YELLOW” mini-album though. Their “Hakken to gimon” album is one of my favourite rock releases in recent years, but their two follow-ups to it were kinda underwhelming to me. I think this one was a return to form for them though. Struck a good balance between their cheerful and angsty sides.

I still think Masaharu has such an interesting-sounding voice.

As far as individual tracks go, this collab between kZm and Tohji made a big impression. I can’t say it motivated me to check out more stuff from kZm, but I thought Tohji really had a breakout moment. It’s too bad the solo tracks he put out last year were so meh.

I’m not surprised at all because when it comes to me (and I’m of the impression that goes for a lot of other people, too) the bashing ain’t against the album itself but against the way the band - or especially Retsu - is acting. One can like the music, enjoy it, even love it but still dislike/hate/criticize/whatever the band itself though.

I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about it (it’s not just you, I came across this more often by now). Again and again people are like “I like the album, I don’t get all the bashing” and I’m just sitting here and think “how many times do I and others have to repeat that we like the album but just that band’s behavior is shitty for countless months and that’s what we criticize/some make fun of”.
Nope, I really don’t get why people can’t differ between both things.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

my apologize but I meant to say, “extreme metal”, well if you look at “alternative metal circle” it’s normal.

Oh no, I’m well aware that it’s mainly retsu’s antics that people were mocking, but the reception to the music on MISC itself seemed pretty lukewarm as well. I don’t mind the tracks I’ve heard from it, but it wasn’t exactly album of the year material to me. That’s why I was surprised.

1 Like

But that is almost even worse. Experimenting with different genres etc. etc. in extreme metal have been done a lot for 25 years already. Absolutely nothing new.

2 Likes