BUCK-TICK new singles and new album "異空 -IZORA-" in Spring

With the conclusion of their year-end live, BUCK-TICK has just announced that they will release 2 new singles (both containing 2 tracks each) and a new album in Spring!

Single 太陽とイカロス (Taiyou to ICARUS) will be released on 2023/03/08.
Single 無限 LOOP (Mugen LOOP) will be released on 2023/03/22.

Their 23rd full-length album (no title or other specifications yet) drops in April.

By the way, the title track of the first single was penned by Hoshino Hidehiko, while the second one’s title track is by Imai Hisashi (and lyrics for both songs written by Sakurai Atsushi ofc).

15 Likes

Fabulous cover art is fabulous.

(also the various store-specific privileges are listed at the above link)

As a side-note, the band is bringing back “BUCK-TICK SUNDAY LIVE STREAMING”, which means that every Sunday at 8PM JST they will be streaming previously released live DVD/Blu-ray footage for 11 consecutive weeks (starting this weekend).

edit: including the tracklist here for clarity too (revealed today, 10th Feb.)

1. 太陽とイカロス
  2. 名も無きわたし -花鳥風月REMIX- Remixed by YOW-ROW (GARI)
13 Likes

Now the cover for the 2nd single has also been revealed:

edit: tracklist has been revealed:

1. 無限 LOOP
  2. 無限 LOOP -LEAP- Remixed by 横山和俊

In addition, I’ve edited my previous post with the 1st single’s tracklist that was published today.

9 Likes

Oh I am beyond excited!

6 Likes

I love buck-tick because every album sounds different and they always try something new, so i’m curious about the direction.

4 Likes

The lead song of the first single will premiere on radio programme FM COCOLO「THE MAJESTIC SATURDAY NIGHT」on 2023/02/18.

4 Likes

Here’s the tracklist of the 2nd single (I also updated the post where I linked the cover art).

1. 無限 LOOP
  2. 無限 LOOP -LEAP- Remixed by 横山和俊 (Kazutoshi Yokoyama)

So it looks like that spread across the 2 singles we’ll be getting 2 brand-new tracks, a remix version of one of them, and a remix version of an as-of-yet-unreleased album track.

4 Likes

I was hoping for a new recording of an old song, but I think I wish for too much hehehe. I’m glad Hoshino is getting another title track after his name. By the covers, the first single seems brighter, while the second darker/mysterious. Let’s wait and hear. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for sharing the information! ^^

2 Likes

You might be onto something! According to some comments I’ve managed to dig up on Twitter, the title track of the first single is light and poppy sounding (apparently with an interesting/trippy intro). Hopefully we’ll get a PV preview or something soon~

1 Like

I’ve read similar opinions as well. :slight_smile: Apparently, it was featured on a radio show. Let’s see how the PV is going to look like. I’m also looking forwards the album tracklist, whenever it’s going to be released.

1 Like

The title of the new album will be “異空 -IZORA-” and the release date is finalized as 2023/04/12. It will contain 14 tracks in total, including the March single title tracks of course.

Several versions will be released: regular CD, limited type-A and B (CD + bonus DVD/Blu-ray with music videos for the single tracks), vinyl, cassette tape, digital streaming and download. In addition, a special CD + T-shirt bundle will be available at the VICTOR ONLINE STORE, and for the fanclub members there will be a CD + tote bag bundle.

edit (03/06): the tracklist, songwriting credits and cover art have now been published!

6 Likes

Today’s regularly scheduled live streaming starts in a couple hours, at which point they’ll show a 15-second preview of the first single’s music video (it doesn’t explicitly state whether it’ll be shown at the beginning or at the end of the stream afaik).

The full video will premiere on WOWOW along with the broadcast of “BUCK-TICK TOUR THE BEST 35th anniv. FINALO in Budokan” on Monday, 9PM (Japan time).

(Of course if you know where to look you might have already heard the full radio rip of the song on a certain Russian social media site for example… :eyes: )

3 Likes
6 Likes

The lead song of the second single will premiere on radio programme FM COCOLO「THE MAJESTIC SATURDAY NIGHT」on 2023/03/04.

2 Likes

The tracklist for the album is now out!

1. QUANTUM Ⅰ
  2. SCARECROW
  3. ワルキューレの騎行
  4. さよならシェルター destroy and regenerate-Mix
  5. 愛のハレム
  6. Campanella 花束を君に
  7. THE FALLING DOWN
  8. 太陽とイカロス
  9. Boogie Woogie
  10. 無限 LOOP -IZORA-
  11. 野良猫ブルー
  12. ヒズミ
  13. 名も無きわたし
  14. QUANTUM Ⅱ

You can also see the cover art and the songwriting credits here:

4 Likes

Interesting song titles, like the cover too

8 Likes

HYDETSUSHI Sakurai :slight_smile: Even though I’ve never got into BT that much their upbeat tunes was always the ear refresher for me (Along with Puratori)

1 Like

Lovely to hear this in higher quality finally. And tomorrow, single release! :partying_face:

1 Like

They’re on a roll :eyes:

6 Likes