Cat-worshipism

If she is new, its normal. She has to fight now to see were here place inside hierachy is and there is a chance that she is trying to be higher inside of it than the others.
On the other side, some cats are just like that. :woman_shrugging:
Did you aunt gave the cats some preparing time? leaving them in different rooms, for around 2 weeks, to get used to each others smell and stuff like this?

1 Like

Thank you! I am not around them now but I will try to check later.

Actually, there was no time for that and I am aware that we should have let them get used to each other’s smells first (thanks k-pop for that!) but before she knew it they found ways to be together. It seems that they don’t fight often when I am not around though. :confused: IDK if it’s my own anxiety rubbing them the wrong way. Or maybe it’s because she is wary when I am around (she’s VERY shy around strangers !!) and ends up feeling like attacking while Chapi gets jealous/defensive of me and hisses back at her ; ; ; . That’s how they end up fighting, I hear they’ve been sleeping together when I’m not around though (FYI I am not home often lately because I’m an essential worker so I only go back when there’s a longer break from work; got to know her 2 days ago while Chapi has been with us for 2~3 years now so there’s that).

2 Likes

Somehow these pictures are funny. I was laughing so hard. :rofl:

10 Likes

source

10 Likes

@HeroOfLove Here’s hoping that my babies are like this in the future!

Speaking of which, here they are. As I said they aren’t the best of friends but seem to get along when I’m not around. (I didn’t take the picture.) When I am around however… forget it. They either end up fighting or walk away.

Anyways in another episode of cat worshipism - today I woke up with kitty in my face. Back then he’d only go to my aunt’s bedroom and even sleep with her but now that Bonita is around he doesn’t go there anymore and … went to mine instead. Which he knows he can’t do because I’m allergic and will remove him right away every time but whatever, he was probably hungry so I had to wake up early to feed him and take a bath and change my sheets. I didn’t even scold him, though, because he is so funny. When I woke up and saw his face I thought he’d meow as he does when he is scared and knows he did something wrong but lol no, he froze right away and kept silent like “it’s dark so maybe she won’t notice me if I pretend to be a new pillow”.

8 Likes

Every morning when I wake up there’s always a cat in my face and sometimes she’s so close and tight to me so that it is even difficult to breathe. :joy:

2 Likes

I had to take a bath right after feeding him because I’m so damn allergic. ;_; I was like sigh “oh no, here goes a whole hour of my day” when I saw his face but couldn’t even be mad. He qt

2 Likes

Oh, that’s sad to hear, also my younger sister suddenly developed an allergy over time and so she can’t visit me anymore. You’ve earned my respect for taking care of him anyway! I know this feeling too, I could never be mad at my cats because of their cute faces. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

A sleeping beauty :heart_eyes_cat:

13 Likes

Bae funny.

Yesterday I went to bed after 3 AM so I was like “yay finally I’ll get some sleep!” and then I realized someone had broken into the house. Guess who personally swept off all the dust and dirt piled up under my bed over the course of 5 years and personally stored it IN MY BED. Plus fur and COVID too, and it was raining outside so maybe rain water too :sob: :sob: :sob:

I kinda wanted to commit murder for a short fraction of a second, but he was nonchalant about having done absolutely nothing wrong, so I just took my stuff to the cleaning machine and slept wearing oversized clothes and a mask and maybe I spoil him too much … also he behaves like this baby lmao

( I can be cute / but I can be fiewce too uwu )

7 Likes

I freaking love this “itimalia” meme :joy:

Sorry your babes don’t get along when you’re around. :frowning: I’ve never had cats fight for real, must be scary.

1 Like

From the Internet Archives:

1 Like

It’s so cuteee :sob:

Aw, I’ve never seen them fight for real but that’s probably because I start screaming and throw water whenever they… look like they want to. The one who’s been with us the longest (male/neutered) comes home hurt or scratched sometimes (we don’t have any way of locking them inside, because rn there’s a hole/window that’s not big enough for a human, but it’s big enough for a cat…) . He’s clearly kinda afraid of her as well and has been avoiding my aunt’s room because she stays there. She (probably female/probably not neutered? Never had kittens though…) keeps following my aunt around lol so … he seems to have taken me for his new owner. Which sucks only because I’m too allergic but I feel this song and want to hug every cat. Sadly I can’t.

I guess she really has a high cuteness factor. :heart_eyes_cat:

13 Likes

Owwww, cute @Luna

Good news everyone - Chapi and Bonita are getting along just fine now. Well, I guess “just fine”. They’ve been sleeping together and eating from the same bowl so I guess they’re chill lol. Today morning it was cold and Chapi came to my room, and I close the door and let him stay there for a while and soon enough she came meowing very loud idk why but cute. She is very clingy and it seems that she’s been following him around while my aunt is working lol. (she is very afraid of me HAHA)

Bad news: I realized that it’s unlikely that Chapi was getting hurt from getting into fights with her ; my neighbor has a cat who by the way looks a lot like Chapi only with a fluffier tail, he isn’t nurtured and he’s a rascal, one day I had my bedroom window open and he almost came inside, only didn’t because he dropped my bag and ran away as he was startled by the loud noise, anyway.
So this cat, recently I found him in the attic (it’s how the cats get inside, since there is no window … -_- ) and sometimes I hear loud noises and “meowing” from there so I guess it was his doing. He probably sensed Bonita’s smell on Chapi and thought he was gonna steal his girl or something? Poor Chapi didn’t deserve this :frowning:

BY the way Tufa is still ridiculously afraid of her and even got into a fight with Chapi (which he NEVER did before - they used to live together with another owner before, and they literally never fought …) so who knows what’s gonna happen next.

These babies are such fun

4 Likes

Thanks Rahzel! :grinning: I guess cats are always cute with whatever they’re doing, they just do what they want. :rofl:

I’m glad to hear that both of them are getting along. It takes some time until cats get used to each other. I know cats very well and their behavior. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Found these pics on twitter and I was kinda impressed to see it. This cat has just an unique eye color, it’s called “Secular Heterochromia”

7 Likes

And again, new pictures of my cats which I took today when the sun was shining outside.

Sorry for the spam, I’m a truly cat lover… :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Aww, yesterday I met two calico cats :heart_eyes_cat: It is said that tricolor fur is quite rare, it symbolizes luck and brings good fortune. :four_leaf_clover:

9 Likes

@Luna what cute pictures!! The first one is funny, they have a few orange spots (and look a bit like Chapi actually :smiley: ). The second one seems to be a more typical calico, so cute (and rare) !!

The babies have been doing well btw. Bonita seems calmer lately too; my aunt said there was an old man down the street who fed a bunch of cats, he should be in his 80s so maybe he passed away? She looks like she was taken proper care of inside a house, she is pretty spoiled/picky and caring and has some habits, but I don’t think she is nurtured and she is very afraid of strangers … she doesn’t behave like a stray really, but nobody came looking for her either. Either way, she’s been staying with us.

1 Like