David new chapter, "Messiah -旧約主/新約主-", first live Blu-ray release, + hiatus

Content looks good so far. But why isn’t Testament here? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

David will go on hiatus from live activity after their tour final on 9/17 due to Sui’s physical and mental disorders. He’s probably exhausted, between doing the Messiah tour (and having released an album prior) and working on Enishi. He did the same thing before Gothculture, but hadn’t complained of any ailments until now.

Tour final dates have also been announced for 9/16~17 at Ikebukuro Edge. A CD and memorial book for both events will be sold at the venue.

2 Likes

he’s been at it non stop since 2019 he deserves a nice break

2 Likes

Sui made a lengthy statement about the hiatus. He talks about not being able to overcome certain hurdles and not being able to ideally reach his goals as an artist. He further states that he will stop live activities to find himself.

1 Like

his new maxi-single “Messiah -新約主-” (Messiah -Shinyaku-nushi-) will be released at 2022/08/30 (2 types)

Limited edition (4950yen) will include CD (3 songs) and DVD including “2022.1.24 高田馬場CLUB PHASE「六芒全書 -All Story Terror-」DIGEST”
Regular edition (2200yen) will include CD (4 songs) only

[CD tracklist]

1. 聖告 (Seikoku)
  2. Born
  3. Mother Earth
  4. Messiah -新約- (Messiah -Shinyaku-) [regular edition only]
3 Likes

the title song is only on one edition??? that’s dumb lol

3 Likes
2 Likes

The song Messiah -新約- is a crime, the other titles sounds good so far. A bit generic though, even for David :cry:

1 Like

Yeah,I agree!

Sounds like it’s just a faster-paced rock retake of the original Messiah xD I’ll have to listen to it when I get my copy.

1 Like
4 Likes

a new best album will be released on 11/23! Details tba…

1 Like

It is definitely a good time to close this project, I look forward to this best album :purple_heart:

David best album, “六芒全書 -5th Anniversary Historical Bible-” will be released on 11/30 in 3 types, and they will cost 6600 yen each. Those who purchase from the webshop will receive a bonus DVD unique to each edition of the album.

創約編 (Souyakuhen) edition will include an acoustic CD entitled, “Gothic Unplugged Ver BEST” (8 tracks)
旧約編 (Kyuyakuhen (Old Testament)) edition will include a live CD from their oneman live on 9/16 at EDGE Ikebukuro (8 tracks)
新約編 (Shinyakuhen (New Testament)) edition will include a live CD from their last oneman live on 9/17 at EDGE Ikebukuro (8 tracks)

All tracks are remastered, slightly remixed, and re-recorded.

[CD tracklist]
1.Genesis -In Bible-
2.Born
3.Metempsychosis
4.Story Teller
5.Tarot
6.羽化と理想
7.Dresscode
8.Stigmata
9.Mage
10.Blood -Reason for existence-
11.Rituals
12.Final Act
13.Gothculture -序章-
14.Messiah -旧約-
15.Hexagramearth

1 Like

I hate the tracklist.

I’m not wild about it either. I like the idea that there’s going to be a Gothic Unplugged disc and that the tracks will be re-recorded, but I’m not really excited about this in any particular way. I’ve also still not heard the New Testament Messiah song yet…

[創約編 (Souyakuhen) edition acoustic CD tracklist]
1.誓書 (seishou) (a Capella)
2.Testament (Gothic Unplugged Ver)
3.Apolutrosis (Gothic Unplugged Ver)
4.言霊 (Gothic Unplugged Ver)
5.Moira (Gothic Unplugged Ver)
6.麗しき棺
7,Immortal Ray
8.Funeral Procession

[旧約編 (Kyuyakuhen (Old Testament)) edition live CD tracklist]
LIVE at 2022.9.17 EDGE Ikebukuro
(ONEMAN「新約誓書 -The Confession of Christ-」)
1.Stigmata
2.Ruinous
3.Gothculture -Claustrophobia-
4.Behind
5.Mother Earth
6.Dresscode
7.Gothculture -断章-
8.Messiah -新約-

[新約編 (Shinyakuhen (New Testament)) edition live CD tracklist]
LIVE at 2022.9.16 EDGE Ikebukuro
(ONEMAN「旧約誓書 -Mary’s Testament-」)
1.Messiah -旧約-
2.Gothculture -Decadent Art-
3.Apolutrosis
4.Moira
5.Testament
6.Rosario
7.Gothculture -dawn-
8.The Falling Asleep of the Virgin

1 Like

I ordered the Souyakuhen version of the album since I really wanted the acoustic CD. I’m not wild that Seishou is a cappella, though. Also, I find it weird that “Born” is on the album, but not Mother Earth or the New Testament version of Messiah, but live versions are available. And what is “The Falling Asleep of the Virgin”? Has he even released that one anywhere?

This man releases track lists so unusually…

1 Like

I can not remember the source (release) for this, but the song is super boring, as much as Funeral Procession