deadman best album of rerecordings and new music to be released

They played Melt by lynch., and lunchbox by deadman (participants for both were Mako and aie + all lynch. members).

4 Likes

This was hand-down the best song in the entire live. The whole live was incredible. Absolutely phenomenal performance and expertly filmed.

1 Like

mako is such a great performer

4 Likes

Damn, Mako sings like he ignored the fact that they’ve been on haitus for 10+ years. He sounds great.

8 Likes

For real, his voice sounds like it was ripped straight from 2003.

5 Likes

My crops are watered, my skin is clear, etc. No, seriously, the dream is coming true and I can’t believe it. I missed them so much.

2 Likes

Ill probably buy this album when it comes out and give them a shot. Never heard them before mostly cuase im picky when it comes to 2000’s artists. Everyone talks very positively of this band. Its nice to see some old bands being revived

2 Likes

Not to necro this thread but I made an account just to comment on this. I was literally crying watching Mako sing, I cannot believe he is back but also he is just such a fantastic artist. The emotion he puts into his live performances is so heavy. I really hope I get to catch them soon and am over the moon that they’ll be releasing new music. I am surprised they managed to get the old members, since im pretty sure they both left music, and I wouldn’t have been upset with their new support members playing their parts instead. Asanao and kazu would make one hell of a rhythm line. Very very looking forward to deadman’s full return :–)

14 Likes

My thoughts exactly <3 Fucking love deadman

2 Likes

The details are out! We’re not getting one but two re-recording best albums, the 2nd one being live- and mail-order limited only. The last track of the first one is a brand-new song.

The title is “I am here” and “I am here (DISC 2)” and the release date is 2022/01/15.

「I am here」 DCCA-92 価格: 3,850円(税込)

M1 向日葵
M2 quo vadis
M3 溺れる魚
M4 monster tree
M5 ドリスからの手紙
M6 体温
M7 受刑者の日記
M8 re:make
M9 蟻塚
M10 鐘は鳴る(新曲)

会場通販限定盤
「I am here <DISC 2>」 DCCA-93 価格:2,700円(税込)

M1 盲目の羽と星を手に
M2 kafka
M3 桜と雨
M4 bodybag No.
M5 701126

11 Likes

Holy shit it’s real and it’s happening

3 Likes

the in the direction of sunrise and night light snub is real

3 Likes

DEADMAN GETTING SIGNED TO MAVERICK FUCCKKKK

(not signed but like the distribution i love to see the major label-ish clout)

4 Likes

Pretty disappointed actually but “I am here” for these re-recording albums nevertheless.

1 Like

Mako having a new band + deadman restarting activities is the best news this year. Maybe 2022 will not be as shit.

I hope Mako will single-handedly save VK. I know he can do it.

7 Likes

This is exactly what the scene needed. I am anxiously awaiting what’s going to be one of the best releases of 2022.

4 Likes

I still can’t digest all of this properly, I obviously would have preferred a full album of new material, but it’s vk, so all of it is good.

I can’t believe one of the most unique voices in this scene came back, and sounds absolutely amazing all those years later.

5 Likes

merry christmas ya filthy animals, let’s go broke at DAVID STORE!

1 Like

Aie’s guitar tone is immediately recognizable. It’s one of my favorite sounds in music.

6 Likes

So raw and gritty. I love it too.

2 Likes