DIR EN GREY announces 25th Anniversary TOUR22 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________

So, what are the chances they’ll play’ll I’ll for’ll extra’ll gig’ll?

2 Likes

Zero.

Considering how awfully disappointing and average the setlists were until now, not really high lol

They need to schedule a male only show where they play I’ll for two hours straight.

3 Likes

I’ll intro transitioning into Zan transitioning into I’ll transitioning into Zan…
so that you’ll never know when this madness ends.

4 Likes

Zan transitioning into Sangeki no Yoru would be cool tbh

just gonna put these vibes out there and hope diru picks up on them

11 Likes

2 Likes

So is a piano outro the extent to which they’ll perform I’ll???

An absolute farce. Takumi is the only member of Diru with any integrity left and he’s ~not even in the band~

6 Likes

I won’t have very high hopes about that extra gig, but eh, who knows.

Was he even at the Osaka-jou Hall live? iirc their manipulator at that time was someone else, no?

Is there any way I can unlisten to hours of music?

2 Likes

I can’t lie I don’t understand this obsession with ‘I’ll’ and wanting them to play it again

It’s easily my least favorite song in their entire discography. Even Toriko as a b-side was a better song imo

I’m pretty sure I’ll inexplicably won the entire extended song battle they did on Twitter before this tour, so it would make sense for them to finally play it now.

But no, no justice for I’ll.

Also it unironically slaps, I would probably throw out at least an album or two’s worth of their stuff before I’ll.

I’ll’s been an infamous song for them even in their indies days, but I just have a morbid fascination with the prospect of seeing them play it in 2022. A prospect which has been ruthlessly torn away in a betrayal most foul.

I do like Toriko more as a track, but refusing to perform the rightful winner of the Great Song Battle of 2022 is just undemocratic fan abuse.

5 Likes

They played Jealous in 2021 (and they HAVE IT RECORDED AND STORED SOMEWHERE), so they should play I’ll in 2022

their looks for this tour (hair, dressings, makeup, particularly Kyo and Shinya, outright living his best life right now judging by his ig feed) have been at their most visual since 2002. they could have given us i’ll as a little treat. even a piano/“unplugged” take would be sufficient.

I have such a weird dissonance between what they play, and how they look, that only goes away when they share short snippets of Kyo banging to kr cube.

I’m 100 % down with what they do visually this era, but those set-lists… like… why…

I just don’t get it lol
It’s one of those things I literally only have for the completionist points. I usually skip it when it comes on shuffle in my library

I don’t begrudge anybody who enjoys the song, I just don’t understand why

For me personally, it’s a cool novelty to hear them at peak 90s-bubblegum-VK sound. The same reason I like Missa as much as I do.

1 Like

So, no I’ll at all during this tour. This sucks.

1 Like