DIR EN GREY New Album "PHALARIS" Release

One last bit of info before the release: lengths of both remakes

Kinda close to what I was expecting tbh

8 Likes

Only 5 minutes of Mazohyst!!!?? Heresy

Tbh i think it was right choice, the original drags a lot

3 Likes

So new Mazohyst is probably closer to the heavier and less meandering version they were playing almost ten years ago.

Good move.

I mean it’s closer to 6 minutes.

1 Like

It’s 99% close to the mode of GAUZE version, yes.

I mean I don’t know all the compositional differences, but they were playing a shorter and heavier version as far back as 2011 for Age Quod Avis, I think. It’s also on the Ghoul tour and the Sustain the Untruth DVD

1 Like

I haven’t listened to any of those performances in a while, so I’m not sure how much of a difference exists between all those.
But I’d be guessing it’s pretty much like Fukai back then - older live version finally turned into studio version.

In other news: I want these posters, damn

8 Likes

Do you guys think they will hold onto the MV until the 15th?
They haven’t been very generous this time…

2 Likes

I think they will realese the MV June 15 but the gift or favor probable is the FULL MV and not the “Promotion Edit Ver” l

3 Likes

20 Likes

45 sec teasers, bonus tracks included

8 Likes

Utsutsu will be such a banger

2 Likes

Damn they are really holding onto the MV until release. I at least hope it will be the full version… they haven’t really been “flirting” with us this time :crazy_face:

But I guess we should be happy that we got some samples at least…

1 day left!

1 Like
8 Likes

It seems that the amazon mega jacket is the deluxe version cover this time. Unfortunately, since it’s not a square, there’s a lot of whitespace at the sides…

grafik
vs

Also, this:

1 Like

wow i was kind of upset that i missed the Amazon preorder bonus, but that looks awful

2 Likes

These samples have got me absolutely jacked for this album, sounds fantastic

3 Likes

I was wrong, the mega jacket matches the version you bought. They didn’t do that before with Oboro, to my knowledge.
Still, looks ugly with all the whitespace.

2 Likes

SHIPPED!

Should have it Friday.

2 Likes