DIR EN GREY

That’s probably not the kind of message they are exspecting here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Speaking of the survey, some of the questions highly suggest that there will be more oversea tours if demand is there. I assume the tour will be considered a success looking at ticket and merch sales. Which surely is one of the most important factors for considering another tour.

I am mentioning this because of course some people said, that this surely was there last oversea tour and we will never see them again outside of Japan.

3 Likes

But those people also are in no way connected with the band or their management/label so are not to be taken seriously as they dont KNOW anything, just speculating. + The fact there even is a survey would lead me to think it would be on the cards in the future, maybe not immediately, maybe not for a few years but as long as they are still a band I imagine they will play overseas again one day. But then again that is purely speculation, maybe dont take any notice. Haha.

3 Likes

They will likely do another tour like this. One of the questions in the survey pretty much directly asks (paraphrased): “If we tour for another album, which album would you like to see?”

I asked for either MACABRE, Kisou, or VULGAR.

3 Likes

it was obviously the last overseas tour because kyo said “fuck you paris” smh

9 Likes

Oh I know they know nothing. I just love to prove them wrong with their pessimistic view. I saw a lot of comments on Dir’s social media posts that were like “stop commenting that they should do an oversea tour. They never will”. And like a week later they annouced the EU tour. While I was not even surprised by the annoucement because they had made a survey before. And it just keeps me wondering how people are so confident about stuff. Surely the survey was no gurantee but at least a hint that it was not impossible.

4 Likes

The ppl who think Kyo really meant it when he said fuck you to the city as if he didn’t do that every single night
The members acting grumpy is immediately seen as them hating being there as if they were forced to go on these tours
It’s so annoying what do they gain from being so dramatic???
I think you guys are right they’re definitely going to do another overseas tour at some point (I’m hoping for macabre or Phalaris personally)

2 Likes

Same, I dont get where these people are coming from either. I dont know why they kid themselves into believing these things when its a very possible thing to happen… Also im assuming most of these fans are from places that arent Japan so why would they almost hope that Dir dont play in their country? What was I saying about the DeG fandom in a recent post again?? Haha.

2 Likes

No one hates Dir en grey more than the fans.

Myself included.

4 Likes

I’m not even a Dir en grey fan. I just like Dir en grey fans.

6 Likes

Let Kyo do whatever he wants at his concerts

2 Likes

Dir en Grumpy

4 Likes

I asked for VULGAR, MACABRE, or TIW (don’t hate me) ^^

4 Likes

Absolutely based. TIW songs really shine live

4 Likes

The Insulated World is their best album since Dum Spiro Spero. It’s leagues beyond Arche and Phalaris in so many ways.

3 Likes

If they did a Vulgar show, I think I’d sell my soul for tickets. I want to hear the original recordings of Obscure and the IIID Empire so bad live, not just on a CD or through concert video.

5 Likes

Same, bud.

1 Like

I dont think we have much choice?

Arche is phenomenal (imho).

However, TIW is definitely better (in terms of songs) and more conceptually consistent than Phalaris.

On the other hand, Phalaris has Schadenfreude and Kamuy. Nothing on TIW can hold a candle to those.

In many ways, Phalaris feels like an EP of random tracks slapped in-between two of their most experimental and epic songs.

4 Likes

I really dont get why people hate on this album so much. It’s by far my favourite album of theirs to this day. Obviously we’re all different and have different tastes but I cannot understand how any fans of theirs hate it so bad.

6 Likes