How do you catch up with huge discographies?

Usually I start with one promising Album and stay with it until I want more. look for another album or just look what are some popular tracks from the group later.

2 Likes

When I find a band I like and they have a huge discography I’m happy. I don’t make myself listen to everything at once. I always listen to one album from them and after several months or weeks I’ll pick another one. Only time I listened to whole discography in one go is when I’ve discovered Nega.
I listened to majority of their stuff while commuting to work. I think that is a good way to catch up with huge discographies. Play it while doing something else.

5 Likes

i tend to go with the release either before or after whatever i have found and liked, and most of the time i can’t be bothered to go too deep. i don’t really attempt to catch up with discographies. if it happens naturally then that’s great but it’s not something i set out to do.

2 Likes

I did that with the four the Birthday Massacre albums I have listened to. playing them while doing school work. I listened to Walking with Strangers while walking with my dog lol.
it is a great way to do so
because you can easily ignore pieces which get boring but still can find some good new tracks.

1 Like

Yo ho Yo ho It’s a pirates life fo’ meeeeeeee.

None, It’s easy to get, what you think is impossible to get someone has it already, all you need is the time to find them and in this time and age where people just cant keep their thoughts to themselves it easy to find them and all you have to be is a charmer, at least in my experience

what I’m surprised at, it was, I was being by myself all this time to them and wham bam done. No façade required. It’s a sad thing to admit that all those peoples were girls who helped me, I was never good with boys.

Thank you, this really helped me with how to catch up on my backlog.

1 Like

I download everything readily avalible, put everything on my phone and listen in to particular order

an awful lot of determination, mostly

1 Like

Everyone really thinks I’m joking, how do you think you get into shell server or private trackers? You need someone who has been there since the turn of the millennia to invite you in, or god forbid you spend 20 dollars on proxies and bring it yourself. Of course unless you’re Mr.robot.

believe it or not, I check everything. I mean, everything, once a year.
as for -core and metal stuffs, I just check vkontakte communities, download sites, rutracker, once a week.

One album at a time

As Missa said, a lot of determination but there are cases where I just give up mainly with bands that pull a shitton of stuff per year, there are a good handful of them in vkei

(still trying to get into xaaxaa sometimes though)

From japanese, I collected everything only of Morrigan/Xibalba/Moeru Konayuki. It took insane sum because Japan doesn’t ship to my country. I used shipping services. Damn. I realize it, but this band is special to me.
Other bands I have stuff from are Hyde, VAMPS, Ryujin, The Gazette, and some others.
These are only japanese. Not to mention Ozzy and Sabbath, W.A.S.P., over 50 finnish bands, Metallica, COB, H.I.M., Apocalyptica, Ensiferum…

Usually I have digital discography of the band I like and buy physical copy only of my most favorite albums.
I find kinda annoying dropping singles often and not whole albums. I know it’s a tactic to keep fans interested, also contracts with music companies, but usually one single is close to the price of a whole album.
And it’s also annoying when one song is in many albums just to fill the space. Or you buy an album and there are two songs.

About downloading… I dare not judge because we all do it. It’s a good decision if album is not available to buy anymore or you like to listen something non stop and can’t get your stereo with you. Or you don’t have the money to buy them all. Still I find this disrespectful to the work of the artist.
And of course it feels special when you grab a copy and there is extra material, and you know this one is especially for you, recorded, printed and released. That feeling is precious.

How is that answering the OP’s question?

If you require specific answer, just type it and I will copy and paste it.