Introduction

Hello one and all! I’m terrible at these sorts of icebreaker introductions, so I’ll just get to the point.
I’m completely new here, discovered this forum literally the day before yesterday, a couple of weeks after finding the MH forum.

I originally got into vkei back in 06, after my best friend at the time introduced me to Dir en grey and Gazette. Never got involved in any online (or offline) communities, just listened to music and found a bunch of new bands on my own. I moved over to kpop in 09 and listened mostly to that until a few months ago (I did have nostalgia nights every once in a while when I’d bust out some classics but didn’t really look up anything new.)

Back in 06-09 I listened to a lot of Dir en grey, Gazette, lynch., Rentrer en Soi, Malize Mizer, Moi Dix Mois, Lolita23q, AnCafe and some songs/albums (but not necessarily whole discographies) from heidi., Ellegarden, exist trace, D’espairsRay, Miyavi, MUCC, One OK Rock and others I can’t remember (also a bunch of anime openings and very little jpop)
These days the only ones I actively listen to/keep up with(from the bands mentioned above) are Dir en grey, lynch. and OOK.
One of the reasons I got back into vkei was BP Records’ youtube channel, so some new bands I’ve found recently are Codomo Dragon and Kiryu.
Non-visual japanese bands I’m into would be Crystal Lake and Ningen Isu.

As I said I haven’t been involved in the community in any way so there’s a lot of stuff I don’t know about, but since I’m taking a break from kpop there’s a hole in my heart for gossip and drama that I’m willing to fill lol

Oh god this turned out way longer than I intended… Anyway, it’s very nice to meet you all, I’ll try to be active here! Feel free to ask if you have any questions, whether it’s jrock/vkei related or not! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Welcome, @Unelma! I hope you enjoy your time with us. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Unelma, lovely to meet you!!

Welcome :hugs: glad you decided to join this community :grin: