JRO’s Community Best of 2022 🎆

And still as you can see there are enough people who liked releases of last year.

I haven’t listened to DEG since Uroburos so :person_shrugging:
But I do remember that people always seemed to hate on new DEG stuff, just to hail it as the best years later

Some years you gotta look far and wide. And it always helps to broaden your horizons. 4/10 of my favorite releases last year were from Japanese artists, but they’re all widely different.

If you haven’t already, check out the playlist. Out of 61 songs there’s gotta be at least 1 you haven’t heard and end up liking, right???

1 Like

You made me realize a small mistake on the YouTube playlist :joy: there were songs that wasn’t supposed to be on top
And yes you’re right, the YouTube playlist has 56 (after i fixed m mistake) songs, the one on Spotify has 95, all releases from last year.

Maybe it wasn’t running “well” in a corner some people would have liked it to, but that certainly doesn’t mean the whole JRock scene was lagging good releases last year.

1 Like

You could say that about every artist. But according to a survey made like 2 years ago in MH, UROBOROS still tops as the best.

Yeah, that happens with the DEG fandom all the time, or maybe with a lot of artists with a long career. It’s hard enough to release a great album, and even harder to surpass your previous album every single time. DEG fans needs to stop their hate and chill.

Ohp! I wouldn’t have even known haha.

For sure. There’s still plenty to enjoy if you don’t mind looking in some different places.

They were from the English playlist :sweat_smile:

1 Like