La'veil MizeriA new album "十字架に捧ぐ惨劇のマリア" release

cool

two live-limited singles, “奇形” (kikei) and “腐乱” (furan) will be released during their album release tour

“奇形” (kikei) will be released on 7/16; “腐乱” (furan) will be released on 8/17

2 Likes

^ this is the same thing, only it’s uploaded on Starwave’s channel. It was originally uploaded on La’veil Mizeria’s channel which I had no idea existed xD

1 Like

Matina’s logo appears on the new album.

5 Likes

throwback queens!!

lmaoooo love that Matina shoutout!

2 Likes

Love their new look

Hoping to hear it all soon :loud_sound:

Can’t wait for this album

Will give it more goes later but at first listen, very monotone album. The intro is amazing so lmao, there’s that? I miss Jaki.

Although this has more production than their first album, this is just an OK. But to be honest the first one was not something extraordinary either.

But it is very appreciated that they silenced the SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Feeling kinda empty without iconic riffs like in 薄紅ノ葬 and it’s not even “Starwaves fault”, i guess everything started to dry up when Makoto joined (sorry, not sorry). Ideas are good but it blends together too much, also why do i think their older HC songs were like much more intense?
Can’t praise enough the intro-song though, i think it’s glorious. The church bells are everything.

But overally my feelings atm: from deep [slay] to deep [meh]…?

2 Likes

Kiwamu really needs to hire someone who actually knows how to mix and master music. The compression and mixing on this one is a tad bit better than their previous releases, but it’s still pretty bad. I hate how much the drums start to clip when I listen to it on headphones, it gives me headaches.

Other than that, I agree. Jaki was an amazing songwriter and his absence is def felt on all of their recent releases. The ballads are pretty ok (Kikyo’s clean singing has improved somewhat) and they have some nice moments instrumental -wise, but their more aggressive tunes are all blending together imo. I like the Madeth worship but I feel they really need to try something different. You can make fast drumming songs with lots of screaming and whining and make it so that it’s unique. I am bad at music theory and don’t play an instrument, but I feel they are always using the same melodies, rhythms and chord progressions for their aggressive songs.

Other than that it’s not bad. Def listenable and nice for when you are in a Kote kei mood, but also nothing special. At this point I feel Marvelous Cruelty and Misanthrope are doing the same style, but more diverse and refreshing.

7 Likes