new band "DEVIANT" has formed + 2 digital singles release

I’m pretty sure he’s just a feminine guy, judging by those feet lol
Not saying women can’t have feet like this, but I’ve seen enough bandmen feet (unwillingly mind you) to know it when I see it :thinking:
Collarbone structure would be other way to tell

(Btw what is with bandmen and showing off their nasty feet all the time)

3 Likes

^ the video will be released for a limited time until 6/8

The drummer guy is actually a one-man band with a youtube channel full of Gazette covers and it’s pretty sick ngl, hope he shines his talents in this band

4 Likes

I like his voice its a bit different.

Huh, I thought the vocalist was a man from the photos, but those clean vocals read as a woman trying to sing like a man to me, so I don’t know what to think.

1 Like

disappointing voice…

Could completely be a guy behind the vocals, it reminds me how I was wrong about my friend K from Day of Reckoning (even if the guttural voice def sounds manly).

Yeah, it sounds like a woman trying to imitate a man tone, like HYBRID-ZOMBIEZ’s one did, and their song Hologram was even more distrustful, but it can be overproduced there. My guess on he is a he, otherwise he wouldn’t pose with a open shirt lol

1 Like

Your right now that i think about it could be a woman. Not sure on this one.

i added both male and female tags cuz i’ve never been so fucking confused

but she’s a Ruki cosplayer so that inclines me to think she’s wearing a binder for the ~masc~ look. plus the band is in a non-vk label with other female-led bands that i’ve never even heard of, so yeah her being female makes more sense.

Has anyone considered another gender than any of the binary ones or even genderless?

1 Like

yes we considered both of em

4 Likes

I’m conflicted about this song – I love the beginning with the distorted-sounding raindrops and I like how detailed and careful the vocals are in the slower parts of the song (particularly the first verse). Their voice is quite pretty. However, this style of vocal is painfully consistent throughout the song (minus the few moments of screaming) which grates on you after a while. The instrumentals also become quite sparse and frustratingly slow and/or dull in quite a few parts. I do, however, thoroughly appreciate the bass in this.
So overall I’d say it’s nice and would definitely listen to it once in a while. It’s certainly encouraging as one of their first songs.

1 Like

And still discuss everything in a binary way …

1 Like

has visual kei finally found its first AFAB transgirl frontman?

1 Like

Are you talking to me?
How could I know, if the vocal didn’t tell me or state it anywhere publicly?

I’m not really sure what their gender has to do with anything at this point. It’s rude to speculate about someone’s gender no matter how many you believe to exist. The entire scene is powered by the visuals of androgynous men! This is the inverse of that, and I think it’s pretty cool.

Whether bio female or trans female, I’m happy to see more of that representation in visual kei. It’s a new element that can freshen up a stale sound. Vocals in that range can add a certain dynamic to music that I would like to see a band push and innovate on. Maybe that could be them?

Anyway, take the gender argument over to Twitter before Elon wipes his Musk all over the platform and then you can’t speak your mind freely anywhere.

13 Likes

When dressing up as a woman is not edgy anymore so you have to make up new stuff.

6 Likes

whatever you think about this band

one thing I think we all can agree on
they are the supperiour Gazette clone to Kakumay.

2 Likes