New band "SUGAR IN THE CLOSET" has formed, 1st album release + vocalist departs

New band “SUGAR IN THE CLOSET” has formed. 1st album “You don’t know yet how to taste seasonal change.” will be released in June 2022.

“SUGAR IN THE CLOSET” members:
Vocal: Kai.
Guitar: yutori
Bass: Taku
Drum: Atsuki

CD TrackList:
01.in the closet
02.milk
03.She is ironic
04.幽体離脱
05.orange
06.Room303
07.slowly
09.Off my chest
10.What day?
11.baking soda
12.Waves
13.sugar

ohp · Twitter

14 Likes

Continuing with the traditional strange english names~
Not my thing, but they sound okay :melting_face:

g r o o v y

I actually really like this. The guitar riff has that predominant late-'90s bluesy jangle pop tone/vibe, and the video seems to have taken inspiration from that era too.

2 Likes

Kai is ex-NOCTSCURE–>KILLANETH–>TRNTY D:CODE
Yutori, Taku and Atsuki are all ex-Pentagon.

3 Likes

this is actually SUPER GOOD

That band name, lmao…

The music sounds quite alright tho! Surprising to see it’s ex-vk bandmen apparently.

Sounds great! They still look kind of visual, just softer. TBH this isn’t too far off from a chanty/nue/nurie/umbrella type of sound.

2 Likes

Oh it’s that Kai. Wow, another band he’s not going to do anything with. TRNTY D:CODE aren’t even disbanded somehow, I guess 39 owns it or something. So this is Pentagon minus minpha with Kai on vocals, huh. Eh, not my cup of tea.

Daddy ? or Baby ?

Yeah, now I want a coupling release with Chanty

I love this!

This is an odd combo and unexpected. Kai usually were in bands that were dark and metal. This is surprising.

It sure is nice, but with pretty much all the notable mid 2010s boys going softer, there is not enough heaviness going around with the new blood :smiley: later this year, it wouldn’t surprise me if Issei were to come out with a smooth jazz outfit, to scratch that kind of a drumming itch.

3 Likes

Vo.Kai has left the band on 10/14 due to musical differences. The band will continue activities.

1 Like

The dude just can’t catch a break.

what a letdown

their album is pretty good, nothing groundbreaking but super chill… you can catch a glimpse here and there of pentagon vibes

hope they find a new vocalist and keep going

1 Like

this aged beautifully

5 Likes

That’s too bad, I like Kai’s voice.