New here (sort of...)

Hey Muma here, I used to be a member on MH with the same name. I wonder if people remember me :face_with_monocle:

I fell out of love with VK for a few years but recently the yearning has come back to me. I feel kinda lost with all the new releases and new bands (a lot of my old faves have gone…)

The band that has consistently stayed with me is the obvious Dir en Grey (shocker), and then basically whatever I can find on Spotify
Bands I remember loving are 9GBO, Plastic Tree, The Kiddie, Creature Creature, DEZERT, Kiryu, Grieva, Girugamesh, Versailles, Awoi :broken_heart:, Kagrra, DIV, Deathgaze, cocklobin, UnsraW… many more but that’s off the top of my head

If anyone has any recommendations based on similar bands then do indulge :sunglasses:

Non VK Japanese would be frederic, amazarashi, envy, Kenshi Yonezu, Kinokoteikoku, MONO

My current shuffle of non Japanese bands are Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Dead can Dance

As I talk too much in real life when I’m nervous, seems like I type too much online too :upside_down_face: looking forward to being a part of the new era of a community that helped me so much back in the day :black_heart:

11 Likes

Thanks for coming around to JR1 :smiley: I hope you have lots of fun and feel at home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

welcome! it’s great to meet you here!

1 Like

Hi~! Welcome to JRO! It’s really nice to meet you ^^

1 Like

Thanks everyone!! It’s good to be back c:

1 Like

Hey, welcome back to the J-Rock scene. :grin:

1 Like