NINTH IN PLUTO new album "NINTH IN PLUTO" release

They’re a very indie band, so I never expected grand production quality from them. In reality I’m surprised they managed to get this much done knowing where they’re coming from. The lack of funding definitely holds them back, but they have so much potential and they’re one of the very few ドマイナー VK bands willing to take on this sound, so I’m behind them completely in their progress. I hope they can continue to grow and develop their sound.

The Moonlight Sonata is in the public domain. Anyone is free to use it and incorporate it into their own art. I don’t think they were trying to pass it off as their own piece. And as someone who has followed this band since their start and is familiar with their music, I can assure you they’re not trying to sound a thing like Malice Mizer. Their composer Yosuke is big into deathcore, metalcore, and other niche metal genres (Hence the quasi corpse makeup), which is where he’s drawing inspiration from.

6 Likes

I mentioned Malice Mizer because they also stole from classical composers (Zenchou = Satie’s Gymnopedie No. 1, Seinaru Koku Eien no Inori = Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D Minor). However, MM actually seemed respectful of the source material, whereas here, NIP are just screaming mindlessly over it.

While Malice Mizer mostly wrote original music, NINTH IN PLUTO is setting out to rip off someone else’s material on their very first formal single. Public domain or not, this immediately cheapens whatever vision they had for the project. They don’t seem like a very original band. The bad mixing does them no favours.

1 Like

How do you decide wether someone was respectful in using a source material? Because you personally liking it or not doesn’t make for a good meter. The good thing about art is nobody can tell you you’re doing it wrong.

Don’t want to be exposed to low production pieces? Keep away from ドマイナー bands. They’re not Malice Mizer. This was done by a very small band and a small team. not a major band on a major label.

1 Like

A band being respectful isn’t a question of whether I personally enjoy their music. I am unimportant and have nothing to do with this equation.
Being respectful isn’t a measure of a band’s money or fame. It’s how the material is used. What the context is.

On the one hand, you have a band who used a musical motif in a beautiful requiem honouring their dead friend and band member Kami. Sure, at this point they were established, but an LP of choral and organ music was a significant departure from their previous forays into rock, pop, and electronica. It came from a place of humility and sadness and was never intended to line a label executive’s pockets (at least, not at the time).

On the other hand, you have a band who are just screaming and chugging mindlessly over a different classical motif. One wonders what exactly they’re trying to prove here and how respectful this is to the source material. Seems to me like they’re not only trying to be edgy but also attempting to repeat the success of previous bands who’ve used a similar formula.

For the record, I never said I didn’t like NIP’s song, just that I “didn’t entirely hate it”. My relationship to this song is similar to watching a movie you know isn’t good but still kind of enjoying it despite its hamfisted stupidity.

:shushing_face: :shushing_face: :shushing_face:

DEVILOOF influence :guitar::fire:

I didn’t except that kind of sound
I like the add of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata.
Vocals sound weak but I think they are some interresting things.
I’ll give it a try !

1 Like

the song is more interesting than anything on Deviloofs latest album but the quality of it needs some work. the vocals were you’re typical black/death/doom metal wannabe singer but they have potential. the clean vocals though made me cringe horribly. it sounds what i would imagine D.I.D. would sound without the autotune

1 Like

But it sounds like that precisely because there IS “autotune” over his terrible singing, amplifying the effect further in an attempt to correct it

2 Likes

This one is a lot of a fun for me and I really enjoyed it. The vocals are definitely not what I expected from Zero based on his past work but he really shows more layers with this and the instrumentals are great. Back under my unpopular opinion rock, I go.

3 Likes

Amazing deep growls. Cleans were very unexpected didn’t know his voice can go really high. Usually not my cup of tea but there is something different about this. Im curious to see if in the album he will bring his natural singing voice similar to revine or he will remain with this voice. I would so be happy if he does. Definitely want to hear more first because i judge weather i like this band or not.

2 Likes

As @nekkichi sama would say, D.I.D. died on the cross for this to happen? really?

1 Like

Akane doesn’t always use autotune and his voice isn’t horrible, D. I. D.'s sound is leagues above this. Satoshi can actually compose.

1 Like

I was not talking about akane

Not likely he’ll bring back his regular voice. This is the formula he tends to stick with for all the NINTH songs. I preferred his Akai Kutsu singing style, but he likes diversity I’ll give him that. He might surprise us though.

5 Likes

do you know when it will be available in the webshop? I’m going to buy it on cd

Gemini sounds like it’ll be sick af.

I love it. They’re really putting their best effort into this. I think I’m putting more hope in NINTH and in VELTRO to bring a deathcore influence into the newer scene than I think I should.

2 Likes

Except VELTRO’s vox Keigo is a better deathcore vocalist than this one :confused: but let’s wait for his clean voices.