Offensive melodies and lyrics in Visual Kei and Japanese music

Another one for the kikeiji collection

thats Six Nine font bit looks like someone trying to make a swastika from memory

+1 for the kikeiji club

1 Like
5 Likes

I dont really find those Dir lyrics offensive at all. Haha. Itā€™s extreme sure, but i feel the words used are to express something much deeper than what is actually being said.

I mean, I donā€™t find them offensive either, but drop them on some random personā€™s lap and youā€™ll get lots of questions and concerned faces. It fits better here than anywhere else!

He most definitely sings kikeiji. Sang it so slowly I missed it the first time. 45:10 into the whole set for anyone interested.

Put a link to the live song in my original post. Probably should have done that when I first posted.

I lol when someone says ā€œAllah u Akbarā€ why would it be offensive heā€™s literally saying God is great. Anyway Iā€™ll take the twitter approach and say ā€œyou donā€™t speak for usā€ but nah go make your lolz even I find Ahmed the dead terrorist very funny a true classic because it is what it is. A joke.

what does kikeiji mean?

Deformed child.

Itā€™s also in the lyrics of ā€œCageā€, where the ā€œkeijiā€ part is bleeped out and in the booklet, it says ā€œCageā€ in place of the kanji.
So Kyo singing the ā€œkiā€, combined with the ā€œCageā€ in the booklet, actually makes ā€œki-cageā€ or ā€œkikeijiā€, as ā€œcageā€ is pronounced like that in Japanese.
Very clever way of censoring it and one of the reasons I like their older releases more. In new songs, you rarely find anything of note at all.

A similar, also often censored word is ā€œkichigaiā€, from what I know.

By the way, as I mentioned in the Dir en grey topic, Dynamite Tommy had a long-running series on the bandā€™s history from La:Sadieā€™s to, I think, VULGAR or so. In one of the first parts, he talks about the topic of censoring on MISSA and gives some industry insight in general.

6 Likes

ooh I was thinking of the derogatory term for a Jew combined with whatever iji meant :open_mouth: