One release that you think has the worst musical quality/production

1 Like

Its been talked about a lot but I still gotta chip in and say insulated world had atrocious production, I love the songs themselves but listening to their studio versions is near unbearable for me

1 Like

Merry’s entire major era tbh, Victor just made them sound so fucking loud, but at least they had some quality bops then

As well as their full album, if even I think it’s shit quality that’s saying something. It’s a shame cause I enjoyed their previous stuff and I think some of the songs on the album could have been pretty good if it wasn’t for the quality.

Even their live videos seemed to have better sound quality…

2 Likes

A lot of sel’m’s stuff is rendered unlistenable by horrific production choices. Seconding some of Virge’s incredibly shit engineering jobs and the disaster that was DID’s re-recordings of their paranoir songs.

who the FUCK thought this was acceptable?

At least on OTOTOY this whole single sounds like it’s been literally recorded underwater. Luckily, I found an easy way to remedy the issues.

2 Likes

Is that the drum sound? holy fuck its awful

tbh, everything that has been released through starwave has bad sound quality, see also the La’veil Mizeria vid above. Guess Kiwamu does the mixing and mastering all by himself and he for sure isn’t good at it…

Also personally I don’t like the sound of Diru’s albums pretty much since MOAFB. To my ears all of their recent albums sound way too flat and compressed while too much is going on at the same time - it really makes my head hurt after a while so I can’t listen to their newer stuff in one sitting. It’s a shame because the songs themselves are decent. TIW for example sounds amazing played live.

1 Like

Wheres the guitar in this song? O_o

Yea its bad :frowning:
Its good music in a shitty as hell amp XD

Idk if this is me being a bit picky but i have to be honest. What happened when they mixed this album. Some of the tracks here the drums and guitar sound watered down. Idk it might be just me. Good band tho. I love them.

3 Likes

Zigzo´s last album sounded quite crappy in some of the songs, like a youtube rip…and they used the same sound for the MV, CD, DVD… :expressionless:

5 Likes

D’espairsRay - MIRROR. Basically the whole album sounds flat and it has way too much bass and barely treble. It sounds like one puddle of music.

1 Like

Mirror might be the loudest album I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

I actually thought this was in good quality. Amazing album.

This entire album sounds like garbage. It’s so bad, that everyone quickly forgot this band existed.

4 Likes

Agreed, the mix is so compressed that is kind of hurts to listen to in one go. Great songs, but the production is shrill and harsh–live versions so much better.