Osare-Kei bands

does Bebiki (BabyKingdom) count? I mean their videos are colorful, they’re never serious, nothing spookie or adult themed and they’re adorable little jelly beans!

2 Likes

Wow! Never new this despite listening to Michiru Project for a while. Very cool

1 Like

The video is no longer available

L’luvia - 夢で逢いましょう

Ayabie - Kimi no koe to yakusoku

1 Like

I feel like Michiru found the appearance of the Osare scene surprising in early 2000. Not surprisingly, when Grimm disbanded in late 2003, he included the band’s drummer MINAMI in MASK, drastically changing his sound and gothic appearance to a more suitable of pop rock.
I remember when the compilation “妖幻鏡-star-” was released along with a VHS video where Osares bands of the moment appear, in which a rare project by Michiru appears: M to W.
I think because of those facts, he was interested in adding his bands like An Cafe, Sinkro, Kamikaze Boyz, among others to his label.

2 Likes

I don’t know whether to consider L’luvia as an Oshare band, since it was a band that had its period of activity mainly in the 90s. The same thing happens to me with SHAZNA and MELODY.
I consider those bands to be more of a “Proto-Oshare”…

1 Like

Oshare/indie obsessed. Here are some I love(some might lean more towards indie vk):

Arc:

Irokui:

Jessica:

The Vambie:

Glacier:

Metry:

Tokyo shitei:

Vurny:

Kisnate:

Soroban:

Heisei ishin:

Radio taisou:

Homura:

Tarrot:

Baggy bogy:

Pawn:

Ridiot:

Neon:

Rosario:

Serial Number:

Zip.er:

Lolita23q:

Heart:

0801 209336:

Last eva:

Rubik:

Toon factory:

Alibi:

V my hearts glow:

Dragonwapppppper:

Medialize:

LoveCan:

Poitrine:

NoveLis:

Hime ichigo:

Valetta:

Henzel:

LilacBerry:

Marill:

Mirror:

Vier la drain:

Panic channel:

Cindykate:

Jewelry:

Jelsea:

Tuism:

Anzel stripper:

Fils:

Weather:

Parade:

Meteor:

Hotel shinigami:

Pablo honey:

Re:make:

Dlocia:

Kuroro:

Pieris:

The valentine:

?:

Fake cradle:

Clavier:

Aile:

2nd dyz:

Juliette:

Himeyuri:

Pashya:

Eva:

V-last:

Excia:

Seed:

Pleur:

Mellow:

Mello:

Smile:

Xi:

Akihabara shounen dan dennou romeo:

L:

Feeche:

Dis marionette:

Dog in the pwo:

Kazoku:

Delphinium:

Canzel:

Ayabie:

Aicle:

An cafe:

Megamasso:

Nexx:

Monolith:

Xtripx:

The kiddie:

Then there’s Sug, Lmc, Vneu, R-shitei, Kra, The lem, daizystripper, D=out and a few more with Oshare “vibe” songs.

9 Likes

“some”

6 Likes

I wonder what all these ex VK dudes are doing now. I picture them being daddies or working at 7-11s and such.

2 Likes

AYABIE is koteosa, not osare.

@Magno Generally for the “lighter” half of visual kei, it can be said
90’s → Sofubi
00’s → Osare kei
10’s → Kirakira kei
I’m not exactly sure when to put the sofubi-osare handover, but for osare-kira I’d say 2007-2010 is the transition period like Royz debuted in 2009 but I generally consider them kirakira.

@anadentone Since Bebikin counts their debut from 2016, they’re completely the wrong generation. I’ve seen them called kirakote and though I see the makeup angle and I understand that worldview isn’t as important to a modern kote classification, personally I think their worldview is way too light for kirakote so I consider them kirakira. It could go either way, some of their looks are more kote.

4 Likes