Random thoughts thread

I’m interested in one baby’s juice?

2 Likes

Getting close to the finale of THE FIRST, and after seeing the creative screening NEO performances, I feel like I finally have the final five I want to see narrowed down.

Sota, Shota, Manato, Shunto and Reo.

I think that’d be a solid team. Two lively guys good at dancing, two quieter guys good at singing and songwriting, and one that’s just kind of an all-rounder type.

Although Ryoki or Junon instead of Reo or Shunto could be good too. Both could bring a bit more impact to the performances. (Although, if Ten was still in, I’d pick Ten over any of those options…)

Sota, Shota and Manato for sure though. I was a bit conflicted about Manato for a moment, but his goofy ponytail in the Show Minor Savage performance really clinched it. There’s something so charming about the gap between the serious, anxious energy he gives off at first glance and his actual personality. I feel like he’s the type that girls would write really creepy letters to, and I mean, you always need one of those in a boyband.

Their lyrics were super wonky this time though. Manato’s English was the least awkward, but it also felt like he just kind of threw in a bunch of random lines he’d heard people sing in other songs. :sweat_smile:

I went hiking today with my best friend. This is one of the picture I took. It was so awesome to be in nature, no noise, no one, well almost, you only focus on walking up or down haha. Wanted to share it here :slight_smile: Cheers!

8 Likes

Had a dream I was dating anthony bourdain. I think I watched roadrunner too much already.

2 Likes

when kpop twitter comes for people you dgaf about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7 Likes

Man, I’ve been watching lots of true crime vids these days and the news always reports how the perp was listening to dark edgy music around the time of the (usually mass, like school shooting) murder. If a VK fan ever commits mass murder, I just know our music taste is gonna be under scrutiny as a “bad influence” :roll_eyes: But I think the fact that this has never happened (as far as know) proves that music doesn’t corrupt people into violent criminals…

5 Likes

One thing I must say is that, music probably has the most power when it comes to emotional response. I’ve never got such strong feelings from video games or movies etc. as I’ve got from music.
In regard to the crime and music connection.
People tend to look for some scapegoat to put the blame on. Be it music, video games or movies etc.
What if the person was having such interests because they were feeling certain way and not the other way around.
I’ll quote the Target Audience by Marilyn Manson “but I’m sorry Shakespeare was your scapegoat”. A lot of the album, the song is on, is dealing with the aftermath of the Columbine school shooting.

4 Likes

omg this brought up some minor forgotten trauma I went through when someone I used to know wiped his last.fm off before jumping from a roof w. his than girlie

his vk.com was left more or less public, w. all the visual band fanpages he managed, but anyway ljs weird crap happens in every fandom, and VK probably has nothing on both sonic fandoms (hi Chris chan) and nintendo stans esp. given how small the scene is.

1 Like

Had to show off my latest battlestation layout/additions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: . (tbh, I almost never use all of them at once unless I’m working)

Why are Pashya’s SE tracks so fucking good.

7 Likes

Totally. Yes? Lmao.
I bought it and thought this morning it’s the kind of lighter he would have haha. Wanted to share this randomness this morning haha :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Went to a house party last Saturday for retro games (don’t worry, we’re all vaccinated). Had a real great time. Ended up glitching my friend’s Pokemon Gold version to get him all three starters at the beginning of the game. We also had an interesting conversation about Otoboke Beaver and 8-eit. My friend was on my iPod for 50 minutes just listening to 8-eit while I watched everyone play MvC2. It was fun :slight_smile:

Now I gotta figure out why soulseek isn’t letting him download anything from me…but that’s a problem for another time.

5 Likes

I don’t trust anything and its worsening my anxiety.

The greco-roman/western mind has objectified everything to the point where nothing holds value behind its form - function be damned.

And we wonder why hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance is so rampant. One can feign the appearance of a thing, without actually functioning as the thing.

Confusion is also rampant, because when you don’t understand the function of a thing, you can’t predict the outcome or the consequences of that thing. For example, the function of my speakers is to produce sound. Now If I don’t know the function of my speakers, and I decide to try and use my speakers to brush my teeth…that’s not really going to work well. It’s going to be dysfunctional.

And herein lies the issue. We’re so focused on form that we think we can take them and use them however we want, without considering the function of these forms. This is part of the reason so many families, marriages, and relationships don’t work or are dysfunctional. We’re all keenly aware of dysfunction, and yet so many of us never stop to think that there may be a right way, or a more optimal way to function. Instead, we live in a culture that teaches us to simply change or alter the form, instead of learning the function.

And this applies to far more than just family, love, and relationships.

3 Likes

don’t you just hate it when addvertisments just use some random “cool” charts song without thinking if it in anyway has a relation to the actual product.

2 Likes

If something is upsetting you in a friendship- especially a close several years-long friendship- at least have enough respect for the person to speak up before it gets to a boiling point and ends the friendship…

1 Like

Don’t you find it strange that people have orifices? Like, insects can get in.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m getting to the point where I’m preferring singles over albums. I think it’s the case of having too much music and too many songs and the idea of listening to an album front to back when a band has like 5-10 of them is too daunting.

4 Likes

You don’t have to believe in yourself. You know how fucked up you are anyways. You know your limits. What you can and you can’t do…HOWEVER, you can believe in that power that wakes you up everyday without fail. That power that allows you to breathe and your heart to beat without even thinking about it. That power that causes the sun to rise and set everyday like clockwork.

You don’t have to believe in yourself. You can believe in that power that caused you to be and set infinite potential before you.

I remind myself of this whenever I’m feeling anxious or nervous about something

…sometimes all you have to do is show up and go through the motions. The rest will be taken care of.

3 Likes

Oh yesterday I remembered my aunt’s reaction when I showed her the gazette when I was 13. When she heard their name she answered with “give ass” because in the language I speak “the” sounds like “give” and “gazette” like “ass”.

5 Likes