Razor - 11th Single 「GRAVITY EMOTION」2023年3月7日

This is what I expect from a RAZOR song. Heavy and chunky djent sounds, catchy chorus, and some good screaming sections.

3 Likes

Pretty solid, but it’s honestly getting a bit… maybe not boring, but really safe and predictable to me.

1 Like

Does anyone know how big RAZOR is domestically? It seems like their releases since Gareki/Parasite Invisible have a-sides geared towards “stadium-anthemy- crowd/gang vocals” especially their choruses. Are they playing large venues (for V-Kei); or selling more with this kind of sound? Their B-sides are still solid but I do miss the kind of sound they had during their first few years.

2 Likes

No, and most taibans not solo shows.

1 Like

Good song and video, but they’re not exactly evolving, but that’s fine if this is their style. It’s the vk equivalent of butt rock and that’s fine. Hopefully it sells as well as butt rock.

butt rock hahahaha

1 Like

Anyone seen them B-sides yet?

I definitely agree brings me back to DNA style a bit but with a weird twist. I’m curious on the b sides for this release.

2 Likes

I’m over Razor , but Koryu just getting beefier and beefier has earned exactly one play from me

2 Likes

Lets hope the riffs keep getting beefier too. Haha.

2 Likes

The single is available to stream on every platform at midnight, local time!

https://music.apple.com/album/gravity-emotion-single/1677416882?ls

3 Likes

From your keyboard to God’s eyes?

1 Like

All three are nice songs…not spectacular, but nice. Razor does have a distinctive style which they are loyal to and I appreciate that.

1 Like

IRODORUKODOU should have been the lead track smh…

3 Likes

Dr.NIKKY will not be able to attend 4 upcoming lives due to his diagnosis of pronator syndrome (neuropathy in the elbow) and median nerve paralysis. Natsu (Nocturnal Bloodlust) will act as support in his place.

This applies for the following upcoming live dates:
Kizu sponsored tour
4/22 Nagoya Reny limited
5/5 Osaka Big Cat
5/21 Spotify O-East
Razor special oneman/IZA birthday live
5/8 Kashiwa Palooza

The date of his return is not yet final, as it depends on the doctor, but the band hopes that Nikky will be back by 7/2 when their oneman tour starts.

2 Likes

Man, VK drummers reqlly have the worse luck.