Session band "SEXUAL BEAST" will perform

Session band “SEXUAL BEAST” will perform at Ikebukuro BLACK HOLE at 2021/03/30.

“SEXUAL BEAST” members:
vo.Naoki (ex.Luzmelt, GE+IM)
gt.猛(Takeru) (ex.SAVAGE)
ba.70. (XANVALA)
dr.美景(Mikage) (ex.VII-Sense, chariots)

SET-LIST (D’espairsRay songs):
・Garnet
・Reddish
・「タトエバ」キミ…ガ…シンダ…ラ
・MIRROR
・MaVERiCK

4 Likes

Wish I could be there to see it.

11 Likes

Wow, I’m surprised how well Naoki’s voice fits these old D’espa songs.

2 Likes

Looks like that would’ve been fun.

Had to queue up the Murder Day DVD after getting a taste of some live D’espa jams.

2 Likes

Those covers are almost identical to the originals. :scream_cat:

1 Like

That’s what they call me on the streets.

2 Likes

proud of young ppl shaming hizumi for wasting his life in another mediocre neverbeen major band!

1 Like

Not like Karyu, Zero, or Tsukasa are doing anything provocative or inspiring lately :frowning:

karyu upgraded tbh

I knew it would be a +DéspairsRay+ cover band.

Wow. Really good job on all of these.

The next live will be on 2023/07/14.

“SEXUAL BEAST” members:
vo.直祈(Naoki) (ex.Luzmelt, GE+IM)
gt.猛(Takeru) (ex.SAVAGE)
ba.綾葉(Ayaha) (DazzlingBAD)
dr.Loa (ex.IGGY)

1 Like

Naoki has been in the scene since 1998 so it makes sense.

1 Like

what exactly is a session band? Is it like a group thats not official and members just wanna try it out and if it fails then they can say “Oh we were never a real group, just something to try out like lotion”?

Basically! All the music, no commitments like a regular band. Sometimes it’s like a trial period before the real band starts.

1 Like

there’s a sub-type of indie bands that only form to play covers from other, older/more established bands

there’s probably a million of them still coming together each decade to play luna sea, dir en grey and x japan covers, and there’s no intention behind them to make it serious - this is the type of stuff they do on the side to sell some live tickets and socialize a bit (70 does xanvala and vanessa '22/'23 comeback on top of this.)

d’espa cover band is a bit of an odd choice for a session project, but h.u.g., the current karyu band, I see going onto a full-time band soon.

they sound amazing lucky for all the people that can catch em live!