Strange band/track names

That is actually pretty cool song.
Let’s keep this theme going.
Band Gutalax (it’s Czech band not Japanese, but you haven’t specified. Gutalax is a brand of laxatives in my country)

2 Likes

I found this strangely named band. The song is cool though

2 Likes

I only thought about BUMP OF CHICKEN

https://youtu.be/j7CDb610Bg0

But their name had the intended meaning ‘Attack of Coward’ when I searched about their name…

1 Like

Reminds me of Yellow Fried Chickenz. What’s up with Japanese bands and chickens?

Nega’s I’M SHIT NODDLE, BUT… is also strange and weird, at least if you aren’t familiar with VK slang, where Kusomen literally translates to shit noodle… honstely, even Nega’s band name is pretty weird to say ou loud, especially in German, where it could be mistaken as the N-word…

10 Likes

Their original name was even more bonkers, too: ネガ 04200921580406177042.

If we’re getting into grind/death metal out of Japan there are literally so many… Nunwhore Commando 666, Libido Airbag, Dick Destroyer, Bum Sick and SHIT FUCKING SHIT is a good start, could reel off names all day. But as for Japanese artists, wasn’t there a pop group or something called “Kinki Kids”?? Haha. + Someone mentioned one here a while back that I thought was pretty amazing, something like “Texas Baseball Homerun” or something. If someone can remind me of that I’d appreciate it. Haha.

• Anything Zero HZ seem to do has weird titles.

• Isn’t “The Gazette” actually a weird band name? All I think about is newspapers. Haha
8 Likes

Imagine how many kiddos would cancel Nega nowadays because of their name
There is also the korean word nega, which means you, and in the us they censor the word because of the similarity to another n-word.

5 Likes

Surprised that no one hasn’t mentioned OGRE YOU ASSHOLE yet xD

6 Likes

“Booby Adventure”. I think they mean it in the “booby trap” sense, but it’s still so unfortunate.

2 Likes

As a not native English speaker I never used the word gazette. So their name always reminded me of the animal gazelle.

5 Likes

Hahaha I think of that one too at times! :stuck_out_tongue: Tbh in the UK hardly anyone uses the word Gazette anymore either.

2 Likes

“what is Going On with The Human” – D
it was so close to making some sort of sense and the random capitalisation is the icing on the cake

1 Like

They have a few strange ones… another one would be “Egg Supremacism” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

gazelle makes me think of a gazelle.

2 Likes

Thanks to that link I found another weird sounding band name.
Dishes are scheming

2 Likes

Band name: My Hair is Bad

9 Likes

they need worse hair with that band name

6 Likes

My Eggplant Died Yesterday

Blume popo

yeti let you notice

CAT ATE HOTDOGS

Some of the many that exist in J-indie. Honestly, I’m so used to them at this point where I don’t even recognize half of the “weird” ones as weird anymore.

13 Likes

I found this

8 Likes
9 Likes