Unli Furps new song "STORY" and digital single "蒼" release

sorry, but this mastering is catostrophic.
the only thing you really can hear from the drums being the cymbals. Everything else of the music gets put into a mixer and gets stirred until you don’t know what instrument it was supposed to be and then over that you have the voice that is like double the volume of everything else.

Seriously, this would have been a pretty okay song, if you would had invested 15 more minues into the mastering.

2 Likes

It’s like someone is taking these boys for a ride to laugh at them lmfao. Every possible measure is taken to ensure everything sounds bad I desperately want more…

1 Like

I have came to the conclusion that this might be the worst song I’ve ever heard in terms of audio production and it’s usually pretty easy for me to look past shitty production in music. It’s actually quite impressive that they managed to do that, though I also have to admire the courage to release it. I’m definitely looking forward to more of their music.

2 Likes

Definitely heard worse music composition-wise and vocal-wise as far as vk goes, but that audio quality… It’s just something else.

2 Likes

The song flow is so weird, too. The guitarist seems to go into 3/4 time during the middle of his solo (1:31), and afterwards the band takes 2 beats before the vocalist seems to put everything back into place (1:44). It seems like they didn’t intend to do this, either. It just feels like everyone’s so off beat that they’re all trying to compensate for each other.

2 Likes

WHOEVER DOES THE MIXING FOR THESE GUYS NEEDS TO BE SHOT

like okay the vocalist is dead weight imo but the music is otherwise fine, yet the mixing is SO HEINOUS ONCE AGAIN.

in Story the vocals were too flat and quiet for an upbeat song, so here they went YOU WANT VOCALS? OK U GET VOCALS AND SOME SELECTED PERCUSSION. The poor guitarists and bassist should feel cheated

3 Likes

Sounds like it was recorded live in a garage with live vocal effects on in one take and the audio was never touched afterwards

That one guy trying to rock fishnets and slouchy socks at the same time though. And the light-up sneakers. And the bandana/beanie(?), chin diaper face mask and chunky necklace combo. What is this look even supposed to be? There are so many awful combinations in it I can’t even.

2 Likes

You are all very generous to believe anyone actually mixes their music. This has the exact same flavour as late 90s/early 00s shitkei bands who have 100 yen to spend on recording, which they do in their basement with their phone mic, and need to raid their whole families closets for their wardrobe.

4 Likes

TuneCore