Visual Kei/J-Rock tier lists

Inspired by being linked different Visual band tier lists and feeling like they were lacking variety and choice I decided to make my own. Go ahead and give it a try and share your tastes here and discuss if would like. Maybe you’ll find someone who likes bands you do as well or find some new ones. There’s a good chunk of choices to decide from and you are in no way obligated to put every single choice in a tier if you don’t know a group. If your favorite wasn’t featured, apologies in advanced. I wanted to have a range I felt was acceptable. If you enjoyed it feel free to make your own, I had a lot of fun making it.

V-kei Tier Party

6 Likes

3 Likes

I mostly just included bands I know of or have listened to before out of the list.

4 Likes

lmao roast me

4 Likes

8 Likes

phew.

5 Likes

Missing Nesupuri from the “Love (本命盤)” category and I made the “Anti” category before I realized Nocturnal Bloodlust wasn’t there. If it’s not here, I don’t have an opinion.

I feel like explaining that 蘭 and 蟻 are disliked solely because of their names, I discovered 蘭 like a couple weeks after POIDOL’s disbandment announcement so I was really sore over that and seeing a band with my honmei’s name DID NOT help. 蟻 is self explanatory and they even use the emoji on their twitter gags

4 Likes

some were random and i just didnt care after a certain point lol

3 Likes

4 Likes

This joke is dead but I’m still laughing

Take 1

Take 2

14 Likes

I ignored all the bands I didn’t knew

5 Likes

Since you say you’re interested in AIOLIN, absolutely start with Stardust Crystal.
From there recommended order of songs would be: Mermaid Aria->Liar->Clear Gray->Orpheus->Remember the Name->Ark Night->Dusk Reaper->Home
Tear In The Rain, Error World, and Distress are also important starters but they don’t have MVs. After that you should understand AIOLIN’s worldview.

-from a three year Aster

2 Likes

i’m on mobile so i only had patience to put stuff i actively listen to…

… and trash yumeleep

4 Likes

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure

5 Likes

2 Likes

uh oh

2 Likes

Very surprised at these results. I may have an unpopular opinion but ehh. Shoot me lol

3 Likes

Keeping the bottom tiers empty to be nice. Missing DAMY on that 5 star tier though

3 Likes

I didn’t include the bands I haven’t heard before. Also, I’m going on record saying that I believe that Aliene Maφriage belongs in the religious music section and I will not elaborate further.

3 Likes

“Plan to listen: Doku and Karasu”

Do it :100: