Which disbandment/hiatus hit you the hardest?

I just started listening to visual kei bands other than Dir En Grey, Blood, and Moi Dix Mois like a year or two ago so a lot of bands I’ve found that I like were already disbanded but as far as bands that have disbanded while I’ve been a fan of them the one that has hit me the hardest by far is Nazare, I wouldn’t say they’re my favorite band but they’re pretty close and I don’t know any other bands that create the specific atmosphere that their music does at least for me other than early Dimlim. Since I seem to like bands with Issei in them and he keeps finding bands with amazing vocalists I’m sure he’ll make another new band that I’ll really enjoy but I’ll really miss Mio’s vocals, his singing and inhuman/animal noises are very impactful to me and I don’t see him ever making a new band or at least not for a long time.

1 Like

amber gris is the first that came to mind. i loved those guys. smth about their sound just really hit me when I first heard them and it just kept growing after that. as for bands that disbanded before I knew of them, soroban would be it. they made exact kind of music I was super into when I started liking vk, so it sorta sounds like early 00s vk incarnate for me.

5 Likes

Dadaroma’s disbandment kind of hit me hard. I didn’t really follow them that closely but their disbandment made me feel a little sad.

5 Likes

Definitly Alsdead. I followed them since their days as Dice & Joker, they never let me down. All the songs were good. I learned the truth about the disband in 2015, due to Yosuke’s father death. I was glad when they came back as AllS but only put out one mini before going silent then announcing disband. These guys helped me during harsh time, I will always remember them. I wanted them to keep on going, but I guess it wasn’t possible. I just hope to see Maki and Shin on stage together one day. Nikky is in Razor and Yosuke just quit. So yeah. They will forever be in my heart ^^

2 Likes

When did KEEL disband? :thinking:

I know it is an unpopular opionion but the disband of Sadie hitted me hard back then. But today I think it was the best decision they could have take after the disaster called GANGSTA.

2 Likes

Especially considering what happened to Satsuki lol

2 Likes

No particular order:

girugamesh
DEATHGAZE
Kagerou
UnsraW
D’espairsRay
deadman
Kagrra,
DELUHI
RENTRER EN SOI
9GOATS BLACK OUT
the Underneath / TRANSTIC NERVE (All of them minus one are still active in defspiral, but I don’t think they’re that good anymore)
A (エース)
Administrator
Sadie
Vidoll

abingdon boys school aren’t disbanded/on hiatus but have been pretty much inactive for 10 years now. Same applies to Moi dix mois.

10 Likes

Deathgaze for sure.
That band influenced my life a lot. And I mean it.

3 Likes

-OZ-, UnsraW, Awoi, Deluhi and Yusai.
Though from that list I think it’s Yusai who had the biggest impact on me personally. -OZ- and Deluhi competing for second place.

I can’t really explain why either, just the entire situation with Yusai seemed so sad to me, especially after what happened to ZIN before it. History just repeating itself.

2 Likes

-OZ-

But at least we got the headline “Former Visual kei vocalist is now an avocado farmer” in exchange for that!

8 Likes

kagerou hit me hard because it was when my hormones were beginning to churn and d’espairsray finished me off. mamireta’s makes me sad too, just cause of what a colossal train wreck it was. i don’t think i’ve ever been so uncomfortable in my entire life.

6 Likes

We don’t talk about that.

1 Like

D’espairsRay, Ayabie, MEJIBRAY, LOST ASH, Lustknot. , Luzmelt, v[neu], ViViD, ALSDEAD, A -Anonymous Confederate Ensemble-…

Actually too many bands who were like beautiful gems that shouldn’t have disbanded. >.<

6 Likes

That was a glorious turn of events for sure. :joy:

They didn’t disband but went on hiatus in 2018…

1 Like

The hardest was definitely girugamesh. One of the first japanese bands i started to follow, was really sad about their disbandment, especially after they had bunch of really good releases. At least i managed to see them live.

Another one is d’espairsray, i got into them after they released monsters and they disbanded really soon after that. I am really happy to see Hizumi back with NUL.

8 Likes

There are many but if i had to choose one i’d say 9GOATS BLACK OUT.

Edit : I forgot to mention PIERROT…

5 Likes

Janne Da Arc :smirk:

3 Likes

They sounded really good. Sucks when sudden dissapearance of a member kills a promising band like that.

1 Like

Megaromania, Lin, Kagerou, UnsraW, Vidoll, Dali, Noulla, Lougenel, Vallquar, Undead(NEUE ZIEL), GHOST, Dear L’Novel, Shiver, Lamina, Hurts, Zodia.

6 Likes