Your favourite Vk/JRock guitar solo

Yeah, thats basically it.Tbh i think i might didn’t know how to word it, also i see often people here talk about the technical stuff and there i get lost. Even if i read, i can’t really tell you who is good and who not.

Mine too. I haven’t listened to shadows since a while, i have to re-listen it again

2 Likes

I love Phantom too. I really like the whole Avantgarde album. It is the only lynch. album I’ve listened to so far. Do you think you could recommend me any other of their albums? Thank you

1 Like

Yeah sure! Avantgarde is probably the last album I fully enjoy by them.

Start with I believe in me. They were at their peak there. It’s a very solid album.

The exodus EP is also quite good. Night is a pretty solid song.

Shadowz is also a good cd as well from their early days.

Gallows & D.A.R.K are also good ^^

BUT if you want to get a whole idea of the band, get the 10th anniversary best-of. It has most of their best songs on it! and listen to EVILLY.

Cheers! and happy listen :slight_smile:

1 Like

DIR EN GREY’s Rinkaku epic solo is the best. :guitar:

4 Likes

Kaoru’s string breaking solo is great.
@4:10

3 Likes

I always prefer solos that have a catchy melody rather than complex technicality. I love shredding whenever it’s appropriate, but I tend to gravitate towards solos that I can hum along to by memory.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I love when solos are simple and yet carry so much emotions. For technical solos I like ones like in Tefu Tefu or Egnirys by DEG.

This is tough for me but if i had to pick. I have a top 5 list.

Number one for me hands down.

1. VII-Sense - Not vide (Solo at 5:30)
    I highly recommend this band for those who havent heard them. The combination of Juka’s voice a guitarist solo’s here is stunning in the song. It get me in the feels every time come back to this randomly.
  1. 凛 (Lin) - 「Sacred Xanadu」(Solo at 2:35)
    This was during the time Sui was vocals for this band. This release was amazing. I kinda wanted to put megaromania here but someone took Quintessence Voyage already.
  1. Signal - DEAD CROW (Solo at 2:08)
    I really want to make this number 2 but it basically tied. Something out of left field. This was another amazing release. Always wondered where ShinyA went. Unfortunately that is still a mystery.
  1. Mejibray - Sabato (Solo at 4:04)
    No much to really say about MIA. He’s good.
  1. Avanchick - Jinsei Game (Solo at 1:56)
    This came to me as a surprise because this solo is thrown in this song with me not even knowing it because the song itself is just amazing. Rey (Now in Libravel) was too good for this band.
1 Like

There would be many, but the first one that comes to mind is ‘Pledge’ from the GazettE

3:22

And I don’t even know if this count as a solo, and it’s not the composition, but I LOVE Die’s skull-piercing tone in the Rinkaku ‘solo’

3:55

4 Likes

Gonna show off some classics:

2:35
Soaring, speedy na dmelodic enough to make Helloween or Gamma Ray proud!

1:29
The solo is literally “The Turkish March”, kind of like Accept’s “Metal Heart” solo is “For Elise”

And of course, who could forget the classic? Bass solos count too, right?
3:23

5 Likes

Bass solos are definitely allowed!

1 Like

Guitar solos

@ 2:30 cuz this one doesn’t want to load properly

it’s a lot of fun when guitarists play off each other

Bass solos (the best kind :wink: )

even tho it’s just for the live, still a lot of fun

4 Likes

The amazing chaos suddenly morphing into “Mary Had a Little Lamb” in this one live version of BUCK-TICK’s 細胞具ドリー : ソラミミ : PHANTOM (starting at 2:11 in this sadly potato-quality upload):

Also +1 for LUNA SEA’s STORM. :heart:

1 Like

at 1:08
I can only think of this short solo at the moment. I’ll probably post more songs if i remember anything else xD

1 Like

At 4.20 this has been playing in my head for a month now

2 Likes

couldnt ever possibly pick a favorite but jake from guniw tools goes crazy
at 2:38

here it is live

4 Likes

It isn’t technically visual kei but I guess it could loosely fit into the proto-vk umbrella… sometimes simple but heartfelt solos are the best. From 2:25 (timestamped):

2 Likes

2:19

1 Like

02:28 - 03:00 :heart:

2 Likes