アクメ (ACME) band name has been changed to "ACME"

アクメ (ACME) band name has been changed to “ACME”

6 Likes

mmmmm very frustrating boys… but it makes sense for their name honestly lol

1 Like

This doesn’t help them at all. There are already way too many bands with the name ‘ACME’ (on discogs, they’re the 25th artist!).

1 Like

I think they are trying too much to reach western audiences. I’ve abandoned that train after Mononoke Requiem.

2 Likes

Yes, I think you may be correct. This news of a name change to something more palatable for Western audiences dropped on exactly the same day as that CDawg video. Once you look past the Youtuber fixated on himself, it’s basically an interview/promo for the band as well as a look into the culture around it.

Problem is, most people who watch the video are not very likely to check out the band, let alone pay money for it. Right now it has 251k views and his average is about half a million. It’s been proven before with enormous Youtubers that their audience usually sticks around for the personality rather than their content. So, who’s to say how successful this strategy will be?

3 Likes

I honestly thought their name was just ‘ACME’
The live show sounds confusing, the guitarist and singer versus the band?

Katakana or Latin, Looney Tunes very much approve of this name :rofl:

2 Likes

“changed”

“But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all”

2 Likes

I wonder if Wyle E Coyote was behind the name change lol ?

1 Like

i mean it’s still the same, technically…?

Name changes like these wear me out. Like seriously? It is no different. If you are going to change your band name then make a noticeable change.

2 Likes

Have you ever heard about alice nine.? Sorry, I mean アリス九號… ah dammit, Alice Nine of cour- OH SORRY, A9!!!

1 Like

I’m not too fond of name change if it doesn’t change the whole band concept or something.
And the A9 is also a good example of overdoing the name change. Like it was fine as it is tbh >,<

For Alice Nine, some of their changes weren’t their decision, but something they HAD to do due to their label (aka fucking PSC) who told them when they left “we own Alice Nine, change your name”. So they HAD to change to A9, while fighting against PSC, they’ve been involved in a lawsuit with them, until they can be back to Alice Nine again… (and even in their earlier days, when they were called アリス九號, that’s PSC that decided “you’ll be called Alice Nine now”)

Same happened with Fest Vainqueur that had to change their name for FV after they left their label because their label was pretening they owned the name, so they were involved in a lawsuit with them until they could finally use “Fest Vainqueur” again…

5 Likes

Acme isn’t under any label afaik, but generally yeah. Labels are behind absurd name changes.

maybe now my last fm picture for ACME will actually be them.

edit: ugh sorry it direct replied to someone, I still don’t know how to use this lmao

I’m sorry but the name “ACME” always reminds me of Looney Tunes lol

2 Likes