アルルカン (Arlequin) new maxi-single "PICTURES" release

アルルカン (Arlequin) new maxi-single “PICTURES” will be released at 2022/08/03 (3 types)

Deluxe edition (7700yen) will include CD (3 songs) and live DVD “2022.05.04 アルルカン live tour 2022「MONSTER」FINAL at 恵比寿LIQUIDROOM LIVE”
Limited edition (2200yen) will include CD (3 songs) and DVD including “PICTURES” MV and OFFSHOT
Regular edition (1650yen) will include CD (4 songs) only

7 Likes

umm is it perspective or do they have some big ass feet?

New member?

wide-af lens lolol

So here’s the story I’m getting from this new look:

The gang is stuck in either a desert area or a beach area, either way their car is out of gas and they are trying to look for the nearest station. Aki bought a horse off of some random guy they found hitchhiking, despite the gang desperately trying to talk him out of it for 15 minutes. Hamon, Nao, and Kuruto refuse to speak to Aki after what he’s done and are considering leaving him in the middle of nowhere. Shohei doesn’t necessarily want to leave Aki, but he can’t forgive him for what he’s done.

4 Likes

[CD tracklist]

1. PICTURES
  2. SPELL
  3. silly [regular edition only]
  4. PICTURES-instrumental-

[Live DVD tracklist] * deluxe edition only
2022.05.04 アルルカン live tour 2022「MONSTER」FINAL at 恵比寿 LIQUIDROOM

1. MONSTER
  2. とどめを刺して
  3. 「私」と理解
  4. bash 脳 down
  5. 墓穴
  6. 影法師
  7. 怒り
  8. 空に落ちる
  9. エレジー
  10. いばら姫
  11. サイレン
  12. リブラ
  13. ビロード
  14. ブルーキャンディ
  15. TARANTULA
  16. わかれうた
  17. ラズルダズル
  18. ダメ人間
  19. 旗のもとに
  20. 世界の終わりと夜明け前
    En. Eclipse
2 Likes

omg Aki’s shoes😭 travelling circus extravaganza

That poor broke-back horse… carrying those clodhoppers for feet and the clowns attached to them… dang.

Premiere at 2022/07/11

4 Likes

sizable balls calling that an MV spot

edit: changed “massive” to “sizable” as I realized I was wearing the wrong headphones and the spot does in fact have audio…

I’m sorry, but this is plain awful. I doubt I’d be able to enjoy it even if I understood him. I’m sure, he might have something profound to say, but it can and should be conveyed through singing, not talking. Since, y’know…it’s a song.

2 Likes

I read your comment and then watched the video but from what you said, I already thought like recently he’s been doing this in songs, some of the remakes for older songs they did on “Kachikan no Chigai wa Yuiitsu no Sukuidatta” and even the collab with Lime for Kizu guest vocalist videos that I thought nothing of it. But then he like never sang and I was like wow this is way different because its all talk instead of just some parts. But I did try to start understanding what he was saying after the first chorus and it’s about the band, so basically the bands story. Talks about lives they played at, their dreams, someone’s father dying, being mad at their Manager, about to disband but then creating an album and staying because of the fans. Then becoming happy. And the chorus pretty much is about keep moving forward because you never know what may change and it could be happiness. The ending is now what will be our new story…

3 Likes

Ok so firstly: in comparison to the promo pic this video sucks…

I like the idea for this, I’ve always generally liked Arlequin (like a lot of people here), often feeling like a top-10 among active bands from this decade but this comes at a time when there’s already a bit of concern about their direction and a “new story/ new chapter” gimmick doesn’t inspire much optimism lol.

That being said the music here sounds good for what it is and I certainly still had some favorites from the new album, they’re really getting better but this angle doesn’t have much to hold anyone’s attention.

2 Likes

the idea of a song about generally the story of the band is a really nice concept about a song.
But man, they try to hard to get now Pop rock, they did it pretty good in 世界の終わりと夜明け前 but they fail in this one so hard. The refrain is the most uninspiring thing I that I can recall from them.
the talking parts is too long for me to enjoy it, it only becomes annoying.
and also
WHERE IS THE HORSE?!
I have expected a lot more from this Music Video, a story about a journey basically, but no they decided to just go on some building and call it a day.

I don’t want you to become another band like Madna which always look promising, but the actual end product is dissapointing.

I don’t look forward to “their new story”

I loved how playful they were in the past, but they become more and more stale.

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t know why, but I loved this song. It reminds me of Sadie’s 声 from their RED LINE mini way back in 2012, which was mostly spoken word as well.

Even though, lyrics-wise, it’s mostly talking, it feels powerful to me. I’d love to know what the lyrics mean.

1 Like

It’s literally 30 seconds to Mars - Closer to the Edge
It’s fabulous :smile_cat:

1 Like

That spoken part was pure torture. Overall, it sounds like a vk band who’s gone major (not good).

1 Like

No more screams :frowning:

wow this sounds like shit!!!