キズ (Kizu) new single "リトルガールは病んでいる。" (Little Girl wa Yandeiru.) release

yooo

4 Likes

Does anybody know where can I find the lyrics from “Little Girl wa Yandeiru” single please?

You can find them in Kanji here.

1 Like

I actually have so many mixed feelings on Kizu as a whole after this release. First thing is there anyone on this forum who dares defend this absolutely bore of a vocal approach with all the whispering/quiet talking that lime has been doing more and more frequently it seems as of late. We hear the guys range for singing and while hes not the best screamer it adds a certain oomph to the kizu sound (just watch any kizu live footage where he adds a bunch of random screaming to songs, it works so well). I honestly cant comprehend what happened to the band that released oshimai, kawazu, kizuato, steroid, and 0 as their first 5 singles in a row cause that energy and sound is almost entirely gone Apart from the very rare bside (human error and black rain singles come to mind).

6 Likes

I understand your point of view, but the last song was a banger. Ok, there was no screaming, but it still sounds very KIZU.
(and TBH I enjoyed STRAWBERRY BLUE very very very much, surely different but still very “KIZU-esque” if that makes any sense?)

The things is… people change. So do bands. I know I like a band for the sound I grew to love and it is hard to follow if it completely changes (hello DIMLIM) but here I still feel there’s KIZU’s touch - it’s still the same band that’s only trying new things out.

2 Likes

lime will likely go solo soon anyway

This already kind of is

If I remember well he compose every songs of kizu, so it’s like a solo project already ^^

really? i didn’t know, or i did at one point and forgot. either way i actually prefer the less screamy kizu.

i think the title track was decent but the b sides fall a bit flat for me and especially track 3 where almost the entire song is that whisper/soft talking vocal style im not a fan of. im all for a band evolving and trying out different things i just dont get the same level of “now this is a banger and setting the scene on fire” feeling from the band as they had right out of the gate. i dont even mind a softer and catchier approach but for the love of god the whisper/soft vocals have got to go.

edit: and just to clarify when i say soft vocals i dont mean cleans, lime never screamed much, we got like what 1 or 2 screams in the entirety of songs like kawazu, kizuato, and steroid? theyve never been a screaming band that much is obvious but theres a difference between lime bellowing his clean vocals, especially at the end of the new title track and the whisper/soft stuff that has never sounded good when overdone,.

2 Likes

I think little girl has some of Kizu’s best vocal moments. The end is very powerful, and the last bridge before the chorus where he goes from the whisper to the belt is super dynamic. Lime is a decent vocalist and I think he’s improving a lot.

2 Likes

[…] i just dont get the same level of “now this is a banger and setting the scene on fire” feeling from the band as they had right out of the gate.

I don’t think that’s ever been KIZU’s intentions to begin with anyway. I think that, given the interviews, it’s very clear Lime does this (singing, music in general) for his own happiness and he is just glad that people are jumping on his very personal bandwagon (as he should be!).

1 Like

Am totally in agreement with Coffee tbh, everything i loved about these guys sound seems to basically be gone. While they are still decent, in my opinion, they just arent producing the killer stuff that got me so invested in them to begin with. Feel my interest in them in fading, I did really like lemon tea but last 2 singles havent been any special and Black Rain (both versions) is whack as hell too. Bring back the fire!!!

1 Like

Like many bands they begin with a lot of inspiration, fresh ideas. And then, they have to keep producing songs because it’s a business, they have to earn money. From time to time they still put out good songs, but yes not as much as their begin.

2 Likes

Posters look great. Hopefully this track is better than the last!

Thanks!!

almost a year late reply, but weren’t they using the same chords progressions over and over in their early singles? note that I don’t care in the case of this band being too samey, they are awesome and even more now with their latest stuff that actually sounds different from each other.

but then again this is just my opinion.

1 Like

That is your opinion indeed. My opinion is that their new stuff, basically since Kuroi ame has been pretty whack and easily forgettable.

3 Likes

Yeah, Kuroi ame was a breaking point

1 Like