ギルガメッシュ (girugamesh) new digital single "engrave" release

ayyy the new song sounds pretty cool! Strange how it feels like barely any time has passed since their last releases, cuz the style is pretty much the same.

1 Like

This shit slaps. Good job boys. Welcome back. The scene missed you. I missed you. Album or mini when? I need this all in and around my body ASAP.

3 Likes

Satoshi tweeted:

(To the world changed by corona

Celebration of the 40th anniversary of MAVERICK DC GROUP

It ’s just one song

If you have the heart to be saved by our music

Delivery)

3 Likes

That was soooo girugamesh! Loved it!

A good song!

The only disappointment will be if an album isn’t in the works.

“engrave” is such a great comeback song. It’s the heavy girugamesh sound I knew.

I still can’t believe that they have reunited eventually after the long 6 years. Today is so special, it’s like I have met a close friend from the past again.

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I think it’s generally a good track, but compared to their pre-GO stuff, it’s pretty boring. It sounds like any other song from their end (chimera, gravitation, period).
It could be a track Ryo wrote for SLOTHREAT or any other band in that genre, especially with that random djent part. Satoshi’s vocals sound too clean and polished and they probably used a lot of auto tune (like on most tracks on the mentioned three releases.
It’s nice to have, but I don’t think I will listen to it regularly and there wouldn’t be anything missing if they didn’t release it :frowning:

3 Likes

Maybe.

Perhaps look at it this way: after six years of inactivity, they’ve put out a safe song that doesn’t really break any new ground but also isn’t terrible. A perfectly acceptable (if a tad stale) comeback single.

1 Like

Definitely! It feels like a bonus track of chimera or the second track of the period single, but it’s fine for what it is

It’s a typical Girugamesh song. If I were to listen to their last several releases, I wouldn’t be able to pinpoint that it’s a new song.

I guess they got a Lynch decease, where you write typical trademark tracks.

But it’s nice to see them back even if it’s for one song.

2 Likes

Now they’re under the label “Wolves anchor DC” which is owned by Ryo.

2 Likes

I’d rather more of the same than a swing and a miss. So many visual kei bands try to be diverse for the sake of being diverse and it almost never works out. I listen to girugamesh because I want Satoshi’s vocals over safe metalcore with some sprinkles of djent and splashes of electronic SFX. It’s actually refreshing to hear this style of metal when a lot of visual bands are focusing on getting more extreme or dropping the heaviness entirely. “engrave” is right in the middle. Please don’t convince them to try that pop rock route again. They could have come back with big COLOR energy and I would have been bored to death and would have preferred the inactivity.

3 Likes

So happy to hear Satoshi’s vocals again after so long. :partying_face: It’s like magic.

Really hoping everyone is back for a long run. Nuts to me how they disappeared after the split given the talent, rather than launching solo careers or bands (other than that one Shuu thing?).

5 Likes

I hoped for more and yet I’m not actually disappointed. It feels very warm, but had it not been so many years I would no doubt be a lot tougher on it than I am currently.

The song was great but the video is terrible

Out on Spotify!

My body is SO ready for girugamesh to be a thing again

Kek. This 100% sounds like giru before any of the djent guitar noodle core became popular.

1 Like

pretty solid new track!

1 Like

JACK IN THE BOX 2021 is an event arranged by their label family DANGER CRUE company. They never performed anything but it’s quite natural that their label family are announcing these stuff in the correct platform since the Girugamesh fans also listen to their other bands in their family.

Safe song but it still bangs. I guess I can give up any hopes of KEEL coming back now since Shuu and Aie are back with their previous groups. Not a bad trade off.

I want more.

4 Likes

solid new song, I’m glad they are back with that kind of sound

2 Likes