ザアザア (Xaa Xaa) to preform at Katsucon in 2024

Chaotic harmony announced that Xaa Xaa will be performing in the US at Katsucon on February 16-18.

The event will be held at National harbor, MD. There will be also be talk sessions, autograph sessions and much more.

Tickets are below for those who wanna go :point_down:
https://www.katsucon.org/

19 Likes

bruhhhhh, that’s awesome!

a vk band at an american con again? and an actually decent band for once? damn

5 Likes

A.w.e.s.o.m.e. :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

I am very interested nvm it is far away from me

1 Like

It’s in Maryland

1 Like

We are so back. Between TLRS and the apparent return of vk bands playing anime cons, Visual Kei Is Saved.

9 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve heard of a band playing at an anime convention. This is good news.

3 Likes

That emotional whiplash because MD is not happening this year for me

2 Likes

Literally like… 2 weeks ago maybe, Survive Said the Prophet played at a anime convetion in Canada
the main story is here that those guys got drunk with Nik Nocturnal XDDD

I am guessing, you meant a VK band at a anime con

1 Like

HIZAKI and Kouki from D=Out performed at Nekocon last year. Otherwise, yes, it’s more of a rare occurrence now a days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, VK I mean. I don’t really keep tabs on regular J-Rock bands.

Sad, but expected. From my experience, VK has never really jived with the otaku/weeb culture anyway.

2 Likes

It’s generally a yearly thing yea for the US at least

1 Like

The venn diagram between VK fans and anime fans is a weird one because in my experience most/all VK fans (that I’ve encountered irl) like anime and a significant portion of anime fans like songs by VK bands that have been used as theme songs (1st Death Note op and ed are the first that come to mind) but it doesn’t seem to be a genre they’ll actively seek out otherwise

3 Likes

We already discuss this a few months ago

1 Like

This might be a hella good first step for Xaa Xaa into international recognition. Fuels my hope for potential Europe tour. You have it lucky in the US, as in Europe the closest event like this I can think of is X Japan / Seikima-II at Japan Expo 2010.

4 Likes

Yeah, despite being influenced by cosplay and appearing as anisongs from time to time, I feel that VK is too hardcore for most weebs.

2 Likes

Good for them! I hope there’s a good turn out. How many people usually turn up for bands performing at conventions?

It’s only a 5 hour drive from me. Road trip I’m going.

1 Like