ジグソウ (Jigsaw) Gt.マル (MARU) diagnosed with colorectal cancer

ジグソウ (Jigsaw) has announced that Gt.マル (MARU) has been diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer on January 21. The guitarist officially paused activities back on January 13, after receiving an MRI scan that showed cancer growing in his colon.

He is currently recovering from surgery that was done yesterday, and will be going under cancer treatment going forward.

1 Like

That’s so unfortunate, I’ve really liked them so far. More Importantly though, I hope he sees success with treatment and has the support of friends and family… easy to forget how lucky a lot of us are.

1 Like

This is sad news

1 Like

Stage 4 is the most serious type of cancer too. This isn’t looking well for him. Hope he pulls through with the best treatments Japan has to offer.

7 Likes

Plus colon cancer spreads fast and has a really high mortality rate… I’m not familiar with this band but I hope Maru gets the best care possible.
My uncle was diagnosed with colon cancer before Christmas as well, shit sucks.

3 Likes

oh shit… thats rough news. hope things work out and he can recover… :confused:

Gu. マル (Maru) will return to the band at their live at 2021/06/03 at HOLIDAY SHINJUKU

5 Likes

Hoping his health is treating him well but just glad for now he can still do what he loves <3

8 Likes

Ahh, that does sound great. I hope everything will go well for him! :smiley:

Oh my god, I can’t imagine. He’s looking in good health as of late, so hopefully he can fight it. Discovered this band this year and I’m really liking them now.