メリー (MERRY) new digital single "夜明け前" (Yoake Mae) release

メリー (MERRY) new digital single “夜明け前” (Yoake Mae) will be released at 2022/09/24

it will be theme song of TV-anime “シュート! Goal to the Future”

2 Likes

its still feels so wrong to use this Eroguro band with their current visuals for some random innocent football anime. But I won’t lie I am excited in seeing Merry doing a “merry” song

5 Likes

bitch wat

that’s random but I’m excited

Not crazy about anime, but if it can help them to reach a wider audience, I’m glad for them.
Tetsu is doing a good job as a manager.

1 Like

I have no realistic expectation of this being any good, but nevertheless… curious to find out. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

feels like any time Merry does an anime song it’s a sports thing. what’s up with that

must have happened, uh, two times by now

2 Likes

Its suprising…I was afraid if they had any new announcement would be that they would be ending their run…so any new music is really welcomed.

Here’s the new song:

I didn’t expect much to begin with, but my god… this is so boring. If it wasn’t for Gara I couldn’t even recognize this was MERRY, it just sounds like some random cookie-cutter pop-rock without personality.

weirdly enough for me the problem is exactly the other way around lol.
the merry aspects are too strong for that it could work for a regular sports anime.
for me this song sounds too depressing that I could imagine that it could work for this anime, unless it would have a ton of melodrama like this one weird tennis anime.

1 Like

Oh, but the drums and guitar scream MERRY actually. I rather agree wih blossomingRuin, that it’s too melancholic for a sports anime. But maybe that’s what the anime is going for?

I can totally see it go well with that “every anime opening ever” tiktok haha

1 Like

not one of their strongest but it’s pleasant enough and definitely sounds like Merry to me

Gara and Yuu held a street performance the other day and livestreamed it.