仙台貨物 (Sendai Kamotsu) new single FIGHT パツイチ (FIGHT Patsuichi) release

Also! This makes me really curious - and it’d be cool if anyone could weigh in if they know any better then just guessing or vibes - how’s 仙台貨物 received in lgbt communities in Japan, or overseas?

I’ve always thought they seem more camp or at worst immature than offensive or homophobic - but i’m cishet myself & don’t have any thoughts firsthand, plus i’ve never sat down & tried to read lyrics (nor do i know if i want to lol)

1 Like

Definitely, yes! But I think even in the West this kind of discriminating humor was much more accepted in the mid 00s too.

I am under the impression they have moved away from focusin on “gay” as a joke and moved Chiba into “generic dirty old man” trope, but I may be fooling myself. I also suspect they went for the gayness stuff because they could do dirty jokes without involving females, not because they had an axe to grind againts homosexuals or to make fun of them.

I still remember the Igaguri Chiba collab with LACK-CO when both covered Cali Gari. I can’t think of a VK band more LGTB friendly than Cali Gari so I don’t think Chiba or Sendai Kamotsu have an homophobic motivation/agenda but I doubt sexual minorities at large in Japan like what the band puts out. Then again, There are reports of gay men going to their lives so maybe some people doesn’t take it as seriusly. Hard to tell for me.

I always heard their shtick was that they “loved gay people”

It’s funny how while we agree that 2010-2016 was when Nightmare’s music became significantly worse, we all disagree on which is their worst. I think Carpe Diem was the best album from that period. To Be or Not To Be is the one I consider the worst with SCUMS being a close second. But I know people who see those two albums as their favorites somehow.

2 Likes

That’s interesting! To Be Or Not To Be was my favourite from that period! It’s all down to preferences, I wouldn’t say there are no good songs on Carpe Diem either because Siva and Demand are both favourites of mine!!

The new single is available to streaming services also to buy on OTOTOY

4 Likes

For a meme band the music is surprisingly catchy

I agree, and I’m instantly down for anything written by Sakito, the guy is goated (I don’t know if he wrote this one, I just know he’s a machine at composing)

4 Likes