己龍 (Kiryu) Gu.九条武政 (Kujou Takemasa) will take a break from the band

After 14 years, 己龍 (Kiryu) Gu.九条武政 (Kujou Takemasa) will take a break from the band at 2021/12/16
He will not be on the front stage but he will continue to be involved in music production with the band

4 Likes

What ?

I get the feeling that it’s more of an activity pause just because I remember that the guy’s married…plus he did mention that Kiryu was his first priority before…

:baby::baby::baby:

10 Likes

he was for me the most prominent member of the group, the first thoughts I get when thinking of Kiryu was his green hair. it makes me pretty sad.

4 Likes

This makes me sad but atleast he will still help with the band.

1 Like

maybe he’s saying that when in actuality his wife is pregnant and he wants to stay nearby to be with her and to help raise the lil kujo

5 Likes

A little correction, he is taking a break of the band
Not completely leaving (at least for now)

5 Likes

Yup, it seems that he will will help with writing the music for Kiryu and recording stuff etc.
Just in the background.

And since he is married… it kind of sounds that a baby will come, so need to have time for that right?! o.o

7 Likes

I understand that they are the cash cow for BPN but as a fan if it is really just a pause of activity I’d rather them just not release anything without him and just rest like a normal band. T_T anything without him in it is just going to be suuuper less-than and a stain on their great career >.<;

4 Likes

Baby alert :warning:

I would also prefer them to go on hiatus than release anything without him. Or just disband if Takemasa does decide to quit. There’s no need to keep releasing like mad when you are this established (apart from label pressures). It could also be that he would prefer to be behind the scenes rather than anywhere near bangya as a known-married-man-soon-to-be-dad.

6 Likes

He will still be involved with any recording etc.
if you listen to them on CD it doesn’t matter much :smiley:

But I guess he doesn’t want to be near bangya anymore. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The bangya stuff is just a weird assumption :thinking: Kiryu fans arent like r-shitei crazies :joy:
Baby kinda makes sense but if your main income is the band and you put a hold on that? . . :dizzy_face::sweat_drops: maybe just stress of constant stuff? Their other guitarist recently when Ive looked at him Ive thought “ah they need a break, hes loosing sense…” friend too here saw him recently and was like “hes going backwards”
Think they all need a break tbh

Yah image is everything for the band, will put a stain on the career to not have him in next pv etc. :frowning::sweat_drops: but BPN needs that cash flow from them for sure so… mehh so sad. . .

8 Likes

Except for how loads of weird bangya totally disowned the whole band, sold everything they own from them and gave kujo shit online just because he’s married. Sounds a bit over the top to me. Lol

6 Likes

I smell a sale coming …

Youll always have some weirdos that seem like they are the majority to outsiders only because their annoying actions are louder and more memorable, didnt put a dent in though, lives filled up nicely as such.

3 Likes

Title is misleading, he’ll be back for sure. Nearly gave me a heart attack.

2 Likes

@moderators Is there a way to change the thread title on Discourse? I’m not familiar with the system yet.

Cuz yeah, the title is a bit extreme compared to the real situation (to my understanding it’s just that he won’t be playing live anymore, but otherwise still an integral part of the band in the studio, writing music, recording songs etc). I know there’s been some confusion/debate about this ever since the news dropped so it’s a tricky situation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still full time in My Dragon though right?

2 Likes

Kujo just uploaded a video montage (the day before his hiatus):

3 Likes

For some reason tagging @moderators doesn’t send a ping to our inbox @Jigsaw9. Does the title still need to be changed?