己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single "是空是色" release

Just listened to it again using headphones, it did sound a tad better than through phone speakers lol
I’m still not 100% sure if I like this song, I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt that it will grow on me the same way Manjushage did.
I first called it Watashi mamire2.0, but I might take that back in like a week of repeatedly listening to it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure which musicians you’re talking about exactly, but Mahiro was born in Hiroshima, which definitely isn’t a common birth place for western artists.

1 Like

[CD tracklist]

1. 是空是色 (Zeku Zeshiki)
  2. 獣 (Kemono)
  3. 魑魅魍魎ノ跳梁跋扈-再録- (Chimimouryou no Chouryoubatsuko-Sairoku-)
  4. 是空是色(インスト) (Zeku Zeshiki) (Inst)
  5. 獣(インスト) (Kemono) (Inst)
  6. 魑魅魍魎ノ跳梁跋扈-再録-(インスト) (Chimimouryou no Chouryoubatsuko-Sairoku-) (Inst)
1 Like

No smart asses over here then…? Haha.

I have to say , overall this single is solid with 2 new great songs, and the remake of 魑魅魍魎ノ跳梁跋扈.

I Love 獣 :heartpulse: as beasty as it sounds.

2 Likes

Kemono goes hard

2 Likes

Finally sat down to listen. Still not feeling 是空是色 and thought 獣 was better but nothing I could get excited about, was feeling p disappointed, then the remake turned out to be fantastic enough to make up for the rest.

1 Like

I know some people are Unsraw fans but Yuuki is credited as vocal support for Kemono. Rookie Fiddler is also credited with violin and synth as R. Fiddler. They also are credited in Kiryu’s last single for providing the violin instrumentals.

I thought it was pretty cool to see Yuuki, I never noticed Rookie Fiddler until this release. I wonder if they helped in Kachou Fuugetsu, I’ll have to dig out my CDs to confirm later.

Takemasa is credited as composer for Kemono so while not on main stage, definitely sticking to his promise of helping with recording and mastering.

7 Likes

Ty for the info, that’s awesome to know!