己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single "是空是色" release

己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single “是空是色” will be released at 2022/02/24 (3 types)

TYPE A (1980yen) will include CD (2 songs) and DVD including “是空是色” MV+making
TYPE B (1980yen) will include CD (2 songs) and DVD including “是空是色” MV multiangle ver.
TYPE C (1650yen) will include CD (3 songs + inst)

6 Likes

Why do they seem to have Mahiro’s eyes always covered? Also… Mitsuki…that hair cut…oh honey :open_mouth:

1 Like

Nice news :blush:.
I like this New look.

2 Likes

It’s because of his eye condition. The flashing lights during lives are too much for him, so they decided to start using blindfolds for the shows. Eventually it just has become part of the base look for him

6 Likes

Photo looks so weirdly empty without greenboi :cry: I’m guessing they’ll have a support guitarist perform while he’s on a break because everything has been written for 2 guitars…just hope they’re not pushing Mahiro too hard. I read an older blog post about the Manjushage tour and he said that he performed with 90% of his vision blocked, but he still had tears streaming down his face from the light sensitivity. So now they cover his face as much as possible to prevent any light from getting in and causing pain, but he also can’t see anything.

I feel like they’re going to just keep churning out singles and touring until Mahiro is physically unable to perform, which feels really sad but is also what he seems to want to do.

8 Likes

I thought that was the reason, such a tragic condition. I remember seeing this Researchers aim for first human eye transplant within the decade it could be good news for him?

2 Likes

I miss the eyes of Mahiro, I understand his current circumstance, but with him being a so expressive vocalist I want to see him being expressive with his face as well.
I hope he will recover (if that would be possible)

2 Likes

It’s a genetic disorder, so there’s no recovering. It generally doesn’t result in blindness, just severely reduced vision and major light sensitivity, from what I’ve read, but since being a stage performer calls for being under blindingly bright lights plus having to move in dark backstage areas, it’s a difficult condition to work around. He doesn’t even sell chekis anymore and always wears sunglasses at instores to protect his vision and avoid pain. It must be really tough…

5 Likes

Surprisingly, codomo dragon mentioned this concept in their song before kiryu did

I had no idea about his eye condition (I don’t follow the band too closely so don’t lynch me) but famn that’s a major bummer. Must be hard having such a condition and trying to perform what you love doing too. Seems like he’s doing his best though so good luck to him!

• What is it with so many Japanese musicians having all these weird conditions?? Am sure this is nowhere near as common in western bands.
1 Like
11 Likes

mmmh, I’m not really into it

I think the success of a Kiryu song depends largely on 1) whether or not they can keep the synth bits to a reasonable amount and volume and 2) whether the melody is actually cohesive

I think they actually did a good job of putting the synths in the backseat here, but without them there isn’t much of a melody because ONLY ONE GUITAR! I think that’s why it ends up sounding rather noisy but somehow tuneless to me.

It’s gonna be a long year til Takemasa comes back, just do some ballads or something :cry:

4 Likes

They implied takemasa would still take part in the studio, doesnt sound like it

1 Like

he was in the bathroom during the recording, it seems :frowning:

3 Likes

Wow, the bassline throughout the song is really strong <3
I like this song, love the sounds (part) from 2:27.

2 Likes

Makes me wonder how carefully some of you guys are listening to your music. Haha. There are 100% parts where there are 2 different guitar parts going on, but as the song is pretty heavy and chaotic its not necessary for them to be playing 2 completely different things all the time. If so then as stated above it would end up sounding a mess. I think it’s decent, sounds like normal, recent, heavier Kiryu to me. If anything i just would have liked to turn those guitars up a tad in the mix.

5 Likes

They can definitely layer guitar in the recording, sure, but I think they intentionally kept the guitar here very lowkey because they’ll have to perform with only one. Previously they had more freedom to add a melodic guitar while someone did the more rhythmic parts (and fun pair solos!!) but now they can’t. It just feels emptier than usual heavy Kiryu, imo, so I don’t love it.

2 Likes

Sounds like regular dime-a-dozen Kiryu for me… i.e. not bad, not great, I’ll probably skip the single (and the next two-three singles) and then re-listen to the song on a future album.

4 Likes

For me it was a very mid Kiryu song, definitely not close to either my favorite or least favorite, but I’m fine with that as I enjoy almost all of their songs. I think the song would have benefitted from including a much heavier/crazy part right after the breakdown though because otherwise it just felt like it led up to nothing. Anyway I liked it enough to most likely buy it once it comes out.

1 Like