己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single "蠱毒" (Kodoku) release

己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single “蠱毒” (Kodoku) will be released at 2022/07/13 (3 types)

TYPE A (1980yen) will include CD (2 songs) and DVD including “蠱毒” (Kodoku) MV and offshot
TYPE B (1980yen) will include CD (2 songs) and DVD including “蠱毒” (Kodoku) MV multiangle ver.
TYPE C (1620yen) will include CD (3 songs + inst) only

6 Likes

The way they release multiple types of singles is so dumb, but I’m stoked, I’ve been enjoying Kiryu a lot lately. This is a solid addition to the glut of early-summer VK we’re getting.

1 Like

Mitsuki the hair please no :sob:
Shoulda kept it on red

5 Likes

But only a mega fan needs the ones besides type C? And if you were one you would propably support them happily. The way they split the singles is way friendlier than other bands.

2 Likes

Not too long ago, you’d need both C and D to get all the music and that applied to all BPR bands. They sure mellowed out, at least letting their core fans afford that single succulent meal of the month, that wasn’t cup noodle.

Well, I’m here for the off-chance that they might make me interested in their music again. I hope it’ll be good.

1 Like

Well now we know why Kiryu never stops churning out music.

It’s so Mitsuki could collect more and more power to FINALLY go super saiyan.

6 Likes

I guess lol. I’m certainly a bigger fan of bands that have dumber release strategies. Just seems pointless to attach this much pageantry to two songs, but I know that isn’t necessarily some shocking new development. I’ll be sure to happily support them once I reach that level of fandom :wink:

1 Like

mitsuki’s hair is a damn sin :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t find that he looks too good with yellow hair,
but I always find it charming when people with usually a standard colour pallete try something new.

1 Like

He’s looking spiffy with that blonde hair, its different but it’s great! Looks like this release is gonna give Sarugutsu Ningyou + Shuka Ensen+ Aien Kein Vibes. Im kinda hyped.

1 Like

Ive seen worse. Cant remember exactly if it was them but think Unite once released a single with literally like 15 different types. Haha. If it wasnt them it was a band like them.

1 Like

Their single Kyuubi was released in 10 types but you only had to buy C and D types for all the songs. I’ve picked up some of the other versions second hand when I come across them but the E - J types come to with a photo book which is neat but not a big deal for me to collect.

1 Like
9 Likes

Premiere at 2022/07/03

7 Likes

For any other Kiryu enthusiasts or passing wanderers, here is a handy wikipedia article explaining the meaning of the word in the title, which will give some insight as to the visual motifs in the video! I just love geeking out over Kiryu’s folklore concepts and may or may not start a separate thread for that :eyes:

Kodoku

3 Likes

I LIKE IT!!! It gives me Watashi Mamire vibes from the start, but stays more Kiryu-esque and is less annoying. The strings please me. Can’t have Kiryu without some MIDI strings. The chorus is catchy (I wanna figure out what those growls are supposed to be bc I wanna shout along) and it’s a nice upbeat (by Kiryu standards) release after a very heavy song. If it was a bit less-produced-sounding, it would totally fit in the Tenshou Rinne album, imo.

I AM PLEASED.

2 Likes

Oh damn, I really this. Bass sounds great, vocals are exciting, and love the solo.

1 Like

This song sounded good and they revisit the same place from 百鬼夜行 MV ?!

Also , as a mini fan, I am really concern about Mahiro’s eyesight / health problem.

2 Likes

The amount of gya on tanooks complaining about not being able to buy merch because it has YUCKY INSECTS on it (BUT ALL THE OTHER GORE AND STUFF IN KIRYU MVS IS FINE???) is embarrassing.

Also the chorus screamy parts are:

死せず極に哭く (To cry out with your dying breath)
Shise zu kyoku ni naku

and then

死せば獄の楽 (if you die, [you’ll feel] the peace of imprisonment)
Shise ba goku no raku

3 Likes
1 Like