己龍 (Kiryu) will go on indefinite hiatus

己龍 (Kiryu) has announced they will go on indefinite hiatus after their 16th anniversary live in Zepp Haneda on 12/18

10 Likes

It’s not surprise given the medical issues for the vocalist, and a small child for the guitarist

10 Likes

Junji is calling it a “recharge period” or something, but I won’t be surprised if they will stay on hiatus/disband. I already called it before the previous concert that they’d fall apart.
Listen, I love them. For the second time now I was waking up, eating breakfast with one of their live DVD’s on my TV. But it’s just better for them if they disband at this point. I will support all of them in new projects, music or not. But they’re trying to hold something together that is falling apart. It’s useless.

6 Likes

This could be the end. It’s a shame because they have talent.

4 Likes

RIP to one of the best bands of the 2010s

14 Likes

May your name go down in history for years to come :face_holding_back_tears::pray:

4 Likes

Kiryu will never die! Only grow older :smiley:

5 Likes

Going out on a high note! Best they leave their reputation in it’s fabulous state.

3 Likes

I will miss them, but at least I have their discography to shuffle through. :pensive:

5 Likes

It’s sad and not surprising :disappointed:.
I miss them.

2 Likes

I’m very curious what kind of new projects will come out of this, particularly if they part ways with BPR until their comeback, if it’s ever happening.

4 Likes

RIP Kings, not surprised but still sad

3 Likes

I heard that they are waiting for their guitarist etc. So when they do eventually revive all 5 members will be back, but i am unsure soo.

4 Likes

Was expecting this with the recent stuff happening with their vocalist and them doing some gigs without him there. So sad to see them go out like this. They are the one band that when I saw them live I actually felt frightened/taken back*as the kids say -I was shook-) by how perfect they were live, especially the tour they played all of their albums on, was a pleasure to see a band at their peak like that.

Well at least we will get to see them perform as 5 members again at this last gig it seems.
I really really hope they change the venue though, zepp haneda is way too small for a last gig!

11 Likes

Getting this news a couple days before my birthday is just fucking heartbreaking

I’m praying it’s not really the end for 5-man Kiryu, but I know I have to be realistic

It just hurts so much to finally be facing it like this so suddenly

3 Likes

Heartbreaking, at most they’ll get back together for a reunion live some day in the future. But on the other hand, they’re leaving us with a robust discography and it’s enough material to never get bored of them. Rest well, kings.

5 Likes

this dude can go fuck himself, the band is clearly overworked to death

4 Likes

sadly I could never get into them, and I most definitely tried back in the days.

any recommendations on their absolute best material to start with?

2 Likes

Id start here but you can honestly start with any one albums. Their first album Meikyo Shisui differs in sound has more of a 2000’s feel to it which is understandable:

1 Like

aaah thats so sad. kiryu will always have a special place in my heart :black_heart:

1 Like