梟 (fukuro) will make US debut in California, USA in summer 2024

梟 (fukuro) will make their US debut at their West Coast tour in California, USA next summer! More details will be announced at a later date.

[schedule]
July 8th, 2024:
Silverlake Lounge, Los Angeles CA U.S.A.

July 10th, 2024:
The Ivy Room, San Francisco CA U.S.A.

July 12th, 2024
Brick by Brick, San Diego CA U.S.A.

8 Likes

This is astoundingly random, did a dadaroma-era yoshiatsu fan decide to become a concert promoter?

10 Likes

So excited :heart: saw dadaroma’s last 2 lives with Yusuke, can’t wait to see them in America :sob:

Seems like venues are age limited. 21+ ?
https://twitter.com/jpmusicrev/status/1716405220660675029?t=OoimFXN_OH6Nww5pqwbtMA&s=19

I think all ages would be more expensive for the band, since venues make less revenue from bar sales than a 21+ show which would probably have more expensive tickets

2 Likes

How big are they in the US?

I actually was gonna go too…

Sign me up!!!

Don’t know how I didn’t see this until Christmas. I’m super excited to go! I wanna go to at least two of the shows. Maybe I’ll see some of y’all there.

o.o 21+ venues are a thing in the us? Never stops to surprise me. That’s a bummer for those who can’t go because of this.
Do they really make more money from bar with the 21+ when they might have less people coming? The japanense system with the drink tickets seems better. It does not matter if you spent your 600 yen on beer or cola, right? ^^’

Any place that serves alcohol but permits entry to minors/under 21s is going to have to be SUPER diligent about checking ages since the punishments for serving underage people are no joke, so it’s a lot easier to just exclude them to avoid the hassle entirely. If you’re not drinking alcohol, you’re also making the venue less money because American fans drink at concerts a lot more than Japanese gya do, so excluding minors isn’t much of a financial loss since this isn’t a huge show anyway.

3 Likes

I understand that. I just keep forgetting how not so free the US is about that. It’s much less of an issue in europe. Only reason to make a concert 18+ would be if the lyrics or show would be inappropriate for minors. I don’t recall that happening for a japanese band but I was under 18 myself only for my first two concerts.

Cool, good luck to them. I feel like theyll go down pretty well to the right audience to be honest.

https://x.com/fukuro_official/status/1761737819708334521?s=46

New date, or possibly something else? On July 6th! Also in the LA area.

3 Likes

They’ve also announced a new crowdfunding project, which includes rewards such as spending a day with the band in Los Angeles and a behind the scenes DVD from the tour. The crowdfund begins on 3/10.

Very interesting. I’ll consider contributing depending on how much each tier is.

Also, re:18+ venues in the US
We have concert halls that are usually welcome to all ages and serve alcohol. It’s more of a problem for places that are registered as bars, that just so happen to have a stage for bands to play. Bars have stricter rules and I imagine pay less of a business fee than concert halls do.
I imagine it’s also cheaper for a band to book a bar than a concert halls because there’s a lot less staff needed to run the show. The band isn’t supee popular yet, so it’s likely that they just can’t afford to do a show at say the Wiltern for example. They just can’t pull a big enough crowd yet.

1 Like

I’m still holding out for more info about the 6th, and Jiluka’s LA announcement before doing anything.

1 Like

Lol hope youve already started saving.

Crowdfunding is now open, $1345 raised so far

1 Like

We hope that by Fukuro paving the way and showing that there is interest and support, more bands will be willing to start coming out to the United States, Europe and beyond for tours. We also hope that by building our name recognition overseas, Fukuro will be able to expand and play many more countries as well as play overseas on a regular (yearly) basis. It all depends on your support

This is the dream! By the look of it I doubt they’ll reach their goal, but I’m very happy to read that overseas tour is something they REALLY want!

3 Likes