葉月 (HAZUKI) (lynch.) new single "蓮華鏡" (Rengekyou) release

The Dir en grey cover of Ain’t Afraid to Die is awful. I just can’t vibe with Hazuki’s nasally tone, especially in this song.

It lacks the raw feeling and emotion that Kyo provides it. It’s too polished to the point of becoming “schmaltzy”.

I think he’s a far less nasaly a vocalist than kyo, but I also dont like the autotune enka thing he does which is all over this track. In lynch. songs it sounds okay but here its…messy

I played a DEG song on spotify and because I was biking, I just let it play the song’s radio. A couple joints off of Hazuki’s recent solo album played and it was almost baffling how a lot of it were clones of clones of Lynch. songs. It did nothing to make Hazuki stand out as a solo act.

However, the upside (or downside) is that I have extremely high expectations for Lynch.'s new release. I pray to goodness that we get to see Yusuke and Reo shine, composition wise. This solo venture as well as a lot of recent lynch. songs, show just how much Hazuki hasn’t grown creatively. Part of me feels like during the bands hiatus, he of all ppl should’ve just went quiet and worked on his craft.

This ain’t a good look.

2 Likes

The new single is decent but he after all just feels generic to me, he doesn’t have the talent to create something really memorable. Sad to say it. As a person he seems to be awesome tho.

The title track is on the level of the top tier GACKT songs in terms of composition and atmosphere.

He’s also featured on the new Magatsu Note single and even showed up to its press release:

I hope this gets a regular release because for me personally the VA throughout is a real turnoff and a distraction from the song.

2 Likes

the only one I can remember to get properly released without the Voice actors was the track from Zombie (at least on streaming sites)

I see there’s a full album coming but it looks like all those tracks have the drama included.
Shame since the RAZOR song is a banger too and it’s not on their new single…

1 Like