🎸 2024 Predictions

It’s hard to believe how fast it went, but 2023 is coming to a close pretty soon and thank fucking God for that honestly! :raised_hands: This was actually one of the worst years for the scene overall, as we sadly lost a plethora of legends throughout the year far too soon, and many iconic visual kei bands such as Kiryu and Alice Nine closed the curtains for seemingly the last time.

As usual, we were not spared from vk drama and shitposts however, as Yodome can’t stop getting fired from his own bands, plus Noctis Zang and the boys from Arlequin - I mean, ~ΔŘŁ€ΩỮƗŇ~ - have a thing for boning, while MiA from MEJIBRAY prefers just bones. :skull:

However, from looking on the bright side, other bands such as Sadie and 12012 have also reemerged to save us all! Some bands like DEVILOOF, DEZERT, and VIVARUSH are also joining the major leagues as well! UNiTE got revamped with a new vocalist and glamscure came back to slay! And to top it off, we had the ultimate vk superband JVM Roses Blood Symphony :rose: with the combined efforts of Moi dix Mois, Versailles, D, and Matenrou Opera! Did I also mention the latest shitkei gem, CHINCHIN? :eggplant: WE NOW HAVE A VK BAND CALLED PENIS. Bless the vk gods tbh.

Hopefully 2024 will treat us - and Jrock - a whole lot better! What are you looking forward to seeing in 2024? Dish out your predictions below! :musical_note:

12 Likes

I think it’s time for a new album from the GazettE!
(Also hoping for an oversea tour but let’s not get too greedy)

Hopefully zero deathes in 2024. 2023 had enough >_<
Hu
Yoshiki will come up with at least one new project or product for sure.

Maybe we will see more oversea dates for Jiluka. Oneman tour even?

4 Likes

I’d like to see new projects from the members of BELLE or DoF, especially BELLE’s vocalist Haro.

DEXCORE and 0.1gnogosan are overdue for an album.

Midi:Nette will continue to ignore the existence of streaming services.

Casting a wide net but here are my disband/hiatus/member change predictions: KAKUMAY, Royz, Chanty

Ashmaze. will probably continue their upward trajectory with a solid single or two and I would really love for something that feels fresh from Diaura, they’ve been stagnant IMO for a while now.

7 Likes

Damn, that one girugamesh single really feels like a bait and switch, hope that they release some more.

Edit: some additional prediction

1. More vk vocalist will adapt modern scream techniques like blegh or pig squeal due to the popularity of Jiluka.
  2. The GazettE finally remembers that other bands exist and organize A multiband tour (JVM style) with lynch, girugamesh and D’espairsray.
  3. Kyo’s hair will be long again (also having MORE side projects)
4 Likes

I’ll have to really think about this. I killed a few bands this year with my predictions last year so I need to be careful. :sweat_smile:

Let’s go

The guys from the gazettE will remember they once had a soul, and their new album will be an tour de force

Kyo will have another busy year, all of his bands will drop singles. Dir en Grey will pull another The World of Mercy. Sukekiyo will bless us with the studio versions of some of their demos, Valentina will get an official release. Petit Brabancon will go towards their second album in '25, so will get some singles next year.

Versailles is dead, long live Versailles. As they go on hiatus yet again, we’ll se another album from Kamijo. Hizaki will keep doing his thing, jupiter will probably die, and he will focus on Hizaki Grace Project and collabs with other artists.

As D closes it’s curtains, Asagi will release more things from his solo work, probably an EP.

Kaya will keep mothering, it’s time to think in the next album. Femme Fatale will return, perhaps? Expect something from Schwarz Stein, too.

Mana-sama. Go girl, give us nothing!!! All we will see is some vague-tweets about someone going to an recording booth.

Yoshiki will drop the X Japan album? Obviously not. But we’ll get something much better: the awful album from The Last Rockstars and sweet sweet drama. We vultures will feast.

Kizu will keep throwing all their potential and our hopes and dreams in the garbage. But that’s only for a while, there is an redemption arc on the plans.

Clown kei will have another “great” year. Nocturnal Bloodlust and Deviloof will bring us better drama than songs as usual.

Buck-Tick will re-release their whole discography in Vinyl, and I will spend all my savings. Imai will not let the band end, and I’m grateful for his efforts.

Someone who is in hiatus for a while will do a comeback. I wish it was Acid Black Cherry, but it probably will be Gackt.

14 Likes

Here are some of my guesses:

New albums or EPs from: The Gazette, Loudness, The Kanmuri, Xanvala (around Q3), Bue and NUL.

Kane to Juusei and #Botsu will release their debut albums.

At least one Xaa Xaa and Jiluka gig in Europe.
Loudness will reinstate the European tour they cancelled this year.

7 Likes

My only reliable prediction is that Yoshiki will continue to not release any album, and might give us one or two tracks. I fear The Last Rockstars may be dead in the water, much like S.K.I.N

7 Likes

New SUGIZO album
Boris x KIYOHARU ep
New MUCC album
DÄLLE come back from hiatus
the GazettE announce a new album & Japan tour for the year and a European tour by year’s end.
DIR EN GREY announce an American tour for the summer.
DEXCORE release an ep
After repeated attempts and failures to break in on their new major label DEVILOOF announce disbandment by year’s end. :neutral_face:
KIYOHARU returns to the US.

6 Likes

Does it count as correct prediction if he officialy presents this in 2024? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

1,000,000 to 1 long shot prediction:

Yoshiki stops wasting time, realizes that his current projects are duds, joins Versailles as their new drummer/pianist, and uses his connections to rocket Versailles to be the next It band in the International Metal Scene.

2 Likes

Very realistic and logical predictions, I must say…

And then I wake up in the hospital with no legs

4 Likes

Another supergroup will form

More visual kei bands will sign to major labels

A mysterious musician joins MUCC

Prog Rock takes over Visual Kei

A new streaming service appears where you can watch live Japanese tv channels the legal way.

5 Likes

Disbandment/Hiatus:
Deviloof (I LOVE YOU KANTA T_T)
Royz
Gazette
Codomo Dragon (Around July)
ACME

New Albums:
Dexcore
Malice Mizer (with all former vocalist?)
Codomo Dragon
Baby Kingdom
ACME

Rumors :
Takemasa got another kid
Chin-Chin changes name due to some sex shop had it copyrighted
Former Mejibray is Married
former /current members of Lycaon+ Dadaroma+ NokuBlood form new band
Ikuma (Reign) comes back with a new band
Two people from different bands gets kicked due to drugs (one is vocalist, one is guitarist)

Death:
Someone hella young will die (late 20s-late 30s age)
former X-Japan member or Malice Mizer member will die
Someone from Chanty/Londboy/ Vivarush will die in car accident/ health

1 Like

bro what the fuck did they do to you

4 Likes

Death predictions isnt nice to say about and i believe we should avoid talking about it. We already know that one day will happen. I dont think that is right to premeditate that thing to someone, its cruel and we are living in a very bizarre world that is surprising us every day in brutal ways.

Take note of that guys, please.

16 Likes

Haven’t been too invested in visual kei lately, but it’s recently felt like this guessing game, at least with the bands/members I follow, between what’s going to be a permanent unit vs a session group. I thought there was going to be a rise in “post-vk” bands, but that’s more-or-less fizzled out. I’m honestly expecting the same old same old for next year. The continued dichotomy between “nostalgic” bands and alt-idols with the established bands of 5~10 years kind of clustered in the middle.

Not wanting to end on tired doomer sentiments, I’ll close out with this:

My prediction is that there will inevitably be some 5th gen kpop shenanigans, given the current '90s and Y2K throwback concepts, that’ll involve the old vk-esque aesthetic. We might see some Korean visual kei that involves some Yoshiki shenanigans like Superstar Project X Korean Edition, or something like that.

If you haven’t been paying attention, multinational groups of majority Japanese members like &TEAM and BE:FIRST have been exploding over the last year-or-so, with distinctly Korean aesthetics (no mistaking it this time for anything else), and they’re killing it. Hoping to see some reciprocation in the form of visual-kei-like bands. Maybe it’s a bit of wishful thinking.

3 Likes

A few bonus predictions:

Miyavi never-ending sellout era will keep going strong, He will curse us with another album completely devoid of personality tailor-made for western recognition that will flop. I can’t wait to hear the next beloved song he will butcher in a cover. Also, he will act in an netflix series.

Xanvala needs to start working in ther next album/ep. I feel they need to make an stronger statement than NIX was, so this year will have an “make it or break it” vibe. I’m not calling an disbandment, I’m saying they need to find their ethos.

No longer living in the shadows of their senpai bands, this is Matenrou Opera’s year. Go boys, show us your true potential. Evil already was an step in the right direction, hyped to the singles they will drop in '24.

From the projects born from DADAROMA’s fallout, I feel The MADNA will have an better year. They already dropped an super solid album, one of the best from this year, so this rocket can only go up. Fukuro will release an ep, but it won’t make much of an splash.

5 Likes

Why do you think ACME will go on hiatus/disbandment?? They are pretty active and kind of popular in the States .
But is truth that even if they’re popular overseas in Japan they’re not growing that much , and all the tour live finals are always in the same small place :smiling_face_with_tear:
Anyways I love them and predict nothing but success for next year. Probably a new album and I hope they can move from the US with Fake Star and go also to South America.

Ashmaze, Gravity and Unite will keep growing and maybe they’ll also become major !

Shingeki no Awake will also become more popular overseas because of the nonstop english self promotion they’re already doing.

I think Jiluka will also confirm more overseas concert dates!

And my biggest delulu prediction is Rorschach.Inc going to South America because of Yuuri tiktok fame.

4 Likes