12012 20th anniversary revival

Hi guys, as you maybe know 12012 announced their comeback last year, but nothing new since the announcement, i tried to find something on official twitter etc but traductions are bad and nothing about a release or something.

I was very happy that a 00’s VK band continue after many disbandments and hyped by this comeback because they were one of my favorite band (i even love the mar maroon album that nobody liked, i found it was a great easy listening rock album), the last EPs were so good.

I created this topic if anyone have news or information about them !

9 Likes

I didn’t know about the comeback announcement last year but I really do hope they write more music. Even though they got a lot of flak during their last era, I was a fan of that sound. They really leaned into it and I think by XII they refined it a lot. Not ashamed to say I own Deceida of Silence and 12012 physically!

2 Likes

Personally I find 12012(album) one of the best metal albums in modern era vk. Cmon, you should be proud to have those :wink:

4 Likes

totally agree, 12012’s s/t album is one of my fav vk releases of all time! and that made me think they don’t fit pop rock at all! :joy:

back to the theme, I’m not surprised they just stopped here, cuz at least, as far as I know, Miyawaki Wataru has been busy streaming video games since their disband :rofl:

3 Likes

they made a lazy announce with no new photos, no specific details, and it slowly moved into the covid year where almost everyone couldn’t tour and perform properly.

no further explanations from them arrived so far - I was mildly curious what those heffas were up to because of the dire vkmetal scene state, but nothing about them so far indicates a serious comeback.

4 Likes

I remember reading about it last year and only thought, let’s hope It won’t end up breathtaking that comeback. You never know who’s gonna choke on it .

I’ve been eagerly waiting for some news on this, but I assume the delay in news is related to the virus situation. They probably want to come back with a bang.

I hate to resurrect this thread but it looks like whatever release 12012 is planning (an album, EP, whatever) - its in pre-production according to Wataru’s Twitter (as of January of this year).

9 Likes

Yeah finally x) hope it will be concrete !

go girl give us something

1 Like

Mayakashi still has one of my all time favourite intros of any song ever.
So nasty <3 <3 <3
Love 12012

4 Likes

Excellent, about time!

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Quiss the 12012 is a cover band with DELUHI’s vocalist and other guests for Tomoyuki’s birthday. Pop the 12012 should follow the same way with other musicians playing their softer songs?

About 12012 themselves, they’re still in the recording process of a full album.

9 Likes

Bruh hold on, is 12012 THAT popular that DELUHI’s Juri would make a cover band??? I love 12012 but had no idea they had that kind of rep.

Well, that’s because Juri is singing for breakin’ holiday with Sakai Hiroaki from 12012 on guitar. As Quiss the 12012 seems to be only active for events around Tomoyuki, it kinda make sense. Plus, on the live I’ve linked, he sounds pretty close to Wataru’s voice. I could not see another guy on vox to retake 12012 :grin:

3 Likes

【2022.10.28fri】
Tomoyuki EN’YA Birthday Event 2022

“Pop the 12012 / Quiss the 12012”

Pop the 12012
Vo:ミケ

Quiss the 12012
Vo:Juri

Gt:酒井洋明、齋藤紳一郎
Ba:塩谷朋之
Drs:shinpei

Juri still on vox! Dunno who ミケ is (?)